Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I can't really put my finger on why but I really don't like TJP. Either because he went over people I liked way more or beating them because they conveniently hurt themselves/were hurt by someone else in the perfect way for his finisher. I too was pretty deflated with him winning, like I get it but Metalik would have been a much better pick I think of, "people who actually signed."

If they actually signed yea I'm sure that final would have been ZSJ and Ibushi undoubtedly. I wonder if this (you win if you sign) will at all effect the participants in the next CWC? Maybe if the winner doesn't double as the Cruiserweight champ it'll be different but it still seems like you gotta sign to win (which I get).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
https://twitter.com/WWE_CWC/status/776248709512179712

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Well the wrong guy one, but the CWC is cool

ZSJ is one of my favorite wrestlers but he really needs to wear long pants

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

lol 'TJP can't be a face everyone knows he's a shithead because of some tweets no one knows or cares about' *fans chant his name at an event full of the smarkiest people on earth*

yeah, he might be a piece of poo poo and no one is going to care. wrestling is full of babyfaces who were huge pieces of poo poo outside the ring, we have this discussion about someone else at least every other loving week on this forum
TJP's out-of-ring stuff doesn't matter, his in-ring face acting just makes Roman Reigns look like Sami Zayn

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

TJP's out-of-ring stuff doesn't matter, his in-ring face acting just makes Roman Reigns look like Sami Zayn

Yea, he has terrible expressions / no charisma and absolutely does not sell anything, even for a cruiserweight

Also he has an uncool look and the Miz's hair from when he was playing his 'douche' character

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I can't think of anything after the first round that wasn't at least above-average, and a bunch of it was spectacular. Just an awesome tournament all the way around.

I don't know how many of these guys are going to the Raw CW division, but I'd like to see Cedric Alexander and maybe a couple others go to SD. There's already a fun story with THE Brian Kendrick on SD if they want it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love that Zack showed off his vicious side tonight. He just looked mean In the ring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also gently caress anyone who says tjp can't hang after that match with Ibushi. That was loving rad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I had to watch the show late, but I have to admit, TJP was pretty impressive tonight. I still don't like him, but he put on a show. Shame Metallik didn't win.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great final show and man I am gonna miss having this tournament to look forward to each week.

When is the Dusty Classic!?!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Also gently caress anyone who says tjp can't hang after that match with Ibushi. That was loving rad.

I don't think anyone thinks TJP is a bad wrestler, just a natural heel and someone who has lovely opinions irl.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Also Gran Metallic forgetting he wasn't working Mexico or Japan and selling the wrong leg made me smile.
What's funny about this is when they shook hands, Perkins stuck out his left hand, and I thought it was his way to remind Metalik which side he was suppose to work.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't think anyone thinks TJP is a bad wrestler, just a natural heel and someone who has lovely opinions irl.

There have been a ton of people in this thread saying he was a lovely wrestler and boring in the ring and all that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jerusalem posted:

Great final show and man I am gonna miss having this tournament to look forward to each week.

When is the Dusty Classic!?!

I wonder if they'll bring outside talent in for that next time? The original Dusty Classic was just 8 teams, it was pretty small-scale compared to this.

If the Bucks are really going to WWE (I'm not convinced, they've done this song and dance like 3 times now) putting them in an expanded Dusty Classic would certainly be a way to create a lot of buzz.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can't believe the guy who tweets with me about basketball has become the CWC champ.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Trips doesn't miss a chance to put himself over does he lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Triple H uses his own stardom to put other things over, and I appreciate it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
gently caress, TJP's chest looks disgusting from those welts.

Posting from the future after he faces Tozawa, because if he thinks Metalik's chops are sick...

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
What a disappointing ending to an awesome tournament but lmao at TJP getting heckled during his bad victory speech and lmfao at him getting super salty about it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm surprised the crowd even cheered TJP as much as they did, I figured they'd boo him hard considering he has Miz-like heel charisma and is against cooler dudes in the tourney

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I said during the tournament that tjp felt like the type of guy the wwe would push. He'll make a great heel one day. Shame about the whole division being on raw.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I'm surprised the crowd even cheered TJP as much as they did, I figured they'd boo him hard considering he
... is against cooler dudes in the tourney

They never turned on Ibushi though?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TJ Perkins is cool and I like him, so good for him. He's also not the best wrestler in the tournament and someone else should have won, but I understand why they did what they did.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hot take: I legitimately think they'll do the cruiserweight division right this time.

it'll be fine as long as they can keep Vince distracted with keys or a ball of foil when they're on the air

as soon as he sees HHH hired a bunch of flippy midget twerps behind his back, Braun defeats the entire division in a handicap match

oatgan posted:

I wasn't paying that much attention to his promo to close the show so i know he mentioned being homeless but did he mention the reason he was homeless is because he spent all his money moving to florida to try and work for FCW

I believe the phrasing they used was "homeless in pursuit of his dream"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I wonder what they'll do with guys who are clearly cruiserweights but already booked as heavyweight competitors like Sami Zayn and Neville?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

That strike exchange where you see the welts form in real time as Metalik gets annoyed at TJP not selling any of his strikes so progressively starts hitting him harder and harder is just sick.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Sonofsilversign posted:

What a disappointing ending to an awesome tournament but lmao at TJP getting heckled during his bad victory speech and lmfao at him getting super salty about it.

wreddit is super confused about people hating their red pill MRA poo poo heel hero and it's very funny

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm cheering for seth "cheated on his fiance with a nazi and showed everyone he dick" rollins I'm going to cheer for good fun wrestler tj perkins

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hell maybe they'll schedule an interview for tjp after raw on The Wife Beater Podcast available now on the wwe network

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
What a lovely, cheap-looking belt.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

redpill mra pua's are cool actually

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
heath slater, accused of sexual assault: the coolest character ever, #1 babyface, I love this guy

steve austin, wife beater: hell yeah, give me a steveweiser, stone cold!

tj perkins, made a dumb tweet: gently caress this piece of poo poo.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
I'm going to have to rewatch the whole second half of the show because those first two matches completely destroyed me, just incredible. They finally sold me on the dork that ended up winning, so congrats to all involved on a job well done.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

frankenfreak posted:

What a lovely, cheap-looking belt.

I think it looks rad as heck. Probably my favorite of the raw belts.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
According to Big Dave, Metalik was very unlikely to win, not only because of the language barrier, he still has dates in Mexico, so he won't be available on a consistent basis for Raw right away, even though he is signed.

I would've loved to see Ibushi vs. ZSJ but it was still really good and fun. TJP getting beat on by Metalik because he wouldn't sell and also Miz'd him on the dive was hilarious.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
TJP was a pretty good wrestler in a tournament full of great wrestlers. I wanted to see Kota vs ZSJ dammit.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sonofsilversign posted:

TJP was a pretty good wrestler in a tournament full of great wrestlers. I wanted to see Kota vs ZSJ dammit.

It is almost a certainty that some indie books this before the end of the year

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Oh yeah probably but it wont be that same big match feel ya know.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

heath slater, accused of sexual assault: the coolest character ever, #1 babyface, I love this guy

steve austin, wife beater: hell yeah, give me a steveweiser, stone cold!

tj perkins, made a dumb tweet: gently caress this piece of poo poo.

Not to mention everyone's favourite current wrestler AJ "The Gay Community!?!?!" Styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The belt: it's bad.

• Locked thread