Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Bloodsplattered ground floor

Got 42 hours in (pc) Reincarnation and while the AI is indeed annoying as poo poo, the game is still a ton of fun.

E; That new snowmobile looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

The PC version plays Zero Signal by default and looking at some steam thread, it says you can replace the original music files:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Just driving around smashing poo poo up in the Towmeister or the Panzerfaust is super chill. Sometimes i pick the planecar which is just ridiculous. Can't drive 10 feet without turning yourself into a high velocity piece of scrap.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Anime_Otaku posted:

My only big complaint is the upgrade system, I wish they'd either make it tokens that upgrade every car or have you spend points to upgrade individual cars.

:confused: You spend tokens to upgrade individual cars..?

CordlessPen posted:

I bought the game without even thinking about it, and only then did I think about reading the reviews. The scores are bad, but every single fault could also be said about the original Carma, so it looks like I'll be coming home to a prettier Carma1, which is pretty much all I've been asking for since 1998.

Driving is more enjoyable in this one imo

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I do miss the Carma 2 city. But Reincarnation lets me drive around on a half sunken container ship and that is rad as hell.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Disgusting Coward posted:

The maps were lifeless, the car selection unspiring, the gameplay tragically dated by modern standards.

*ejects u from your posting seat*

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

toiletbrush posted:

~3 hours in, I fully retract my previous statement - I can totally see why this game is getting terrible reviews. Don't buy it.

The 'Classic Carma' mode is still as amazing as ever, but once you can't earn enough points to progress via that alone (the fact that points from one level don't contribute to the next is beyond words idiotic) and you have to play the other modes...holy poo poo.

What? I never play anything but Classic Carma and it's fine ? Got all the cars unlocked etc..

I mean you could do the Laps stuff which isn't bad, but don't pick the big yellow truck if you need to jump over buildings n poo poo like i did, it'll be borderline impossible xD

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 19, 2016

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I guess but maybe just pick another car. I don't really understand the complaints about handling cus i personally thought it was the best in the entire series in Reincarnation. I mean... you can actually drift through turns and poo poo at full speed in this game.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Glad this is finally out.

Game now runs smooth as butter with all my settings maxed, so thats great. I feel like they tuned down overall shiny-ness a bit if that makes sense, but it doesn't drop frames anymore when you explode some peds or whatever.

Loading is a tad faster.
You can now drive around half your car when you split it, which owns.
You can now properly stun opponents, with a visual indicator that they are dizzy. The opponents also seem to have lost some of their pinpoint accuracy, but the first bunch of races are still pretty tough because you haven't got access to armor upgrades at this point. Not too bad tho.
Driving thru cyclists and the disabled is funny.

Volume on some things is still messed up, notably halleluja and grooving peds powerup sounds. :shrug:

Overall im happy with this, looking forward to unlock the western map :madmax:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

I just wish the game still told you when they were "soiling their shreddies" or "spitting nails".

Ya :same: but it's an improvement for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

You can drag the camera upwards back in the options somewhere if u wanna drive the huge cars

• Locked thread