Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Ottersama Even though you call this choice gravy, the sword skills are really the meat of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

SWORDS which I guess is weasel-sama, right?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Gunmage

It's a mage. With guns... COME ON!

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I really like coolbot he is so cool it makes me want to smoke, but I think I have to go with weasel sensei.

Because smoking is actually gross.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
I should point out that there's technically a fifth shopkeeper.

We don't...

we don't discuss 'Ol Snapper. Not if we can help it.

Ottersama (thanks AiL for the better name) is the winner! Prepare to see me hilariously whiff at trying to show off our NEW POWERS.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Show some respect. Ol' Snapper has a medical degree from Uruguay

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

And a degree in chemistry!

The certificate's issuing authority is blank though.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I was kinda "meh" about the charge skills but I grew to love them a lot. Both are useful, for crowd control and for tossing fools into walls for more damage.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

I should point out that there's technically a fifth shopkeeper.

We don't...

we don't discuss 'Ol Snapper. Not if we can help it.

Health or defense upgrades are always the most boring ones. Either you can get a cool new skill or you can mess up slightly more. :geno:

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Next update! There are a bunch of big arenas in this level, making it super fun to play!

I promise I'll try to leave off using the grenades so much, they're just... well, look and see.

(Also, happy birthday to Bacter! Fweeee)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

Next update! There are a bunch of big arenas in this level, making it super fun to play!

I promise I'll try to leave off using the grenades so much, they're just... well, look and see.

(Also, happy birthday to Bacter! Fweeee)

Thanks for the shout out and happy birthday. It was a fun video.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Nice work and I hope you're having a good birthday.

Is this a crate of goodies that you overlooked just before the forest entrance?

[edit]there might also have been a secret marker half-hidden by the rays of light just to the right of the teleporter in the room with the glass case...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 14, 2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What's the max amount of keys and deuces we can hold?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
There are 12 16 keys and a literal fuckton of smackers in the game. They aren't infinite though, and each appears in a specific place

e: whoops I meant 16, four per zone, I can math

Vicas fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 15, 2016

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I'll be getting all the keys for sure - I'm much less sure about all the doubloons.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

There are about 182 quarter doubloons in the game. That is enough to buy every available upgrade with 6.5 doubloons left over.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

quarter doubloons

halfloons

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Qylvaran posted:

halfloons

Pieces O'Four

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Tarishments of the gnarded Trantviel'gke.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Just as an update to a prior thought, i went back to test it and you can very definitely shoot the crows down with any gun while they're flying. The swoop animation is just when they're vulnerable to being melee-countered.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Those dead titans are freaky as hell. I mean, seriously, those things never cease to creep me right the gently caress out (especially the submerged one).

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Archenteron posted:

Pieces O'Four

Farthings?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Time to challenge the boss of the peaks, the leader of the Crow Cult!

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Fun fact, you can actually shoot the switch that leads to the 8th module in the eastern area with the regular gun. It doesn't have the Sniper marker

e: also about the second gun you got it's basically a better version of the shotgun in that it trades 1 damage at ultra-close range (and some ammo) for the ability to still do sizable damage at medium range, and covers the biggest area of all guns. It's particularly good against those wolves that we briefly saw in the north area (and elsewhere) because it covers basically all parts of their erratic movement if you fire it in their direction. Oh, and it can be re-fired faster than the shotgun, if I remember correctly

All that said, after the basic blaster literally all guns are useful or not based on your playstyle. I've pretty much never used the sniper rifle for combat, for example

Vicas fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 22, 2016

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

The basic blaster has like 9 shots when upgraded, more than enough to stagger and/or kill anything but bosses. Still pretty viable in the endgame if you're OK at aiming and have fast hands

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I mostly just feel there are guns that do everything it does but better, though having the most ammo in the game is certainly a plus. All guns are playstyle, really, which is one of the design decisions I really like

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Every firearm is beautiful in its own way :allears:

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Well that's 0 for 2 on my "is this gun worth it" quotient. I'll give the diamond-shooter a bit more play!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I'd just like to remind everyone that Bacter says he's good at this game.

fullammo.gif

"For someone who's done 800 dashes, no big deal!"

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Oh, Bird Wizard. I had so much trouble with him when I first encountered him, because his fight, if you don't chill the heck out and take it slow, is very visually hectic, what with the trail of exploding tiles and birds everywhere and cross-shaped explosions at the end of explosion snakes and so forth. Anyhow, my first ten or so attempts were spent doing the dashing equivalent of making Homsar's 'aaaAAAAaaaAAA' noise and getting punished repeatedly for it, at which point I put the game down, picked it up the next morning when I had a cooler head, and beat it on the first try.

Panic really doesn't pay in this game, folks!

As for upgrades, I think it's time to show off one of the moves I found incredibly useful in pounding out damage quickly on Bird Wizard: the slash-and-dash. Turning your entire dash path into a hitbox? Yes please.

edit: Oh my god. I just realized that Mzbundifund's avatar text is 'I'm afraid so.' and Bacter's is 'I'm a frayed knot!' I hate you two. (No I don't, I just hate that I didn't clue in earlier.)

vdate fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 22, 2016

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008
Having just beat this two nights ago, gently caress the soccer goblin. Though I was mostly able to cheese it (on PS4). Bumping the ball up or down doesn't trigger the goblin and you can line up a good charged shot that seems to usually make it in. But seriously gently caress him knocking us down all the time, where's the red card ref?!

Also, gently caress NG+. I'm not that git gud.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Total coincidence about our names, I ASSURE you. Ha ha who knew!

Also, yeah, NG+ is rough. It really wouldn't be bad, except for the bosses - you'll see when we get there. Jury's still on out if I can get all of them. In a side-playthrough I've been doing I just cleared out the eastern zone. Toadboss + the 8-module challenge. Still, I think wizard crow will be the big diving line. More on that later!

For NOW: it's PICK THE SHOPKEEP TIME!

Who wins prom king this year?

Or.... siiiiigh.....

ALSO: Between last update and the next one. One of the FEW things I don't like is having to go back to old areas and remember the one door you can't open until later. With that in mind:

Once we have 8 keys, go south from the eastern warp zone...

...we made this platform appear earlier after clearing this room out.

There's a hidden area up here, with...

...an 8-key lock, and a skellington!

And ON the skellington?

A new outfit, sword, and buddy!

It, uh... decreases the time it takes to interact with stuff. That's a pretty butts upgrade, but it's a new outfit, so we'll be donning it next time!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Let's go with coolbot this time, on account of having the best hair.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Crazy Achmed posted:

Let's go with coolbot this time, on account of having the best hair.

I agree. Vape-o-tron 3000 because the dashslash is hoelarious

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I think coolbot has the slash-and-dash? Please do correct me if I'm totally misremembering this.

edit: NEVERMIND

I vote Otter-Sensei for a more anime tomorrow.

vdate fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 27, 2016

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

No no, otter sensei has the slash and dash. Coolbot has the dash and slash.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

It sounds funny, yes, but there is an ENORMOUS difference. Unless you want to stay a REGULAR light drifter.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Slash-and-dash is the most gloriously samurai movie of skills, and therefore the Mustelid Master is the clear choice at this juncture.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Check your watches, it's Coolbot time.

Or better yet, don't, because it's always Coolbot time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Yeah, Coolbot seems like the winner.

SIDE NOTE: My concurrent "can I actually pull off a NG+" run resulted in a successful bird wizard fight tonight, and I think that was my proof of concept hurdle. I won't reveal EVERYTHING about NG+ if you don't know already, but that does mean I had to do a perfect fight with him.

There's a lot bad you could say about NG+, but it absolutely trains you to be much, much better at the game!

• Locked thread