Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Yeah, like you'll say "Oh say we have to press E to ping the map" and then 2 seconds later the ping prompt will appear. So something definitely seems off.

Also this game is great and if you want to a real fun time, then go check out the steam discussion forums for this game because it's just a poo poo ton of people whining about this not being 60 FPS. It's honestly really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

I got a "You maniacs! You blew it up!" vibe from the start of the intro. Thaumonuclear war.
Yeah, these unfriendly types always seem to be harbingers of bad news:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Ceebees posted:

They patched in a few little changes to lower the difficulty a few weeks after launch (i-frames in your dodge being the big one), so if you tried it right when it came out, perhaps consider another foray?
I thought they removed the i-frames cause people were complaining it made things too easy or some nonsense, like I remember they had that and that your medkits refilled at teleports and they ended up reverting those.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Ceebees posted:

I know they waffled on those changes a couple times but I thought that they ended up keeping them, particularly as Bacter mentioned medkits refilling at teleports. Either way it was too late for poor me, so i didn't pay the closest of attention. Perhaps excuse my poor memory.
Ah, I found the last patch notes and balance tweaks:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/257850/announcements/detail/594848777641334709 posted:

- Health kits no longer recharge at warp pads
- Reduced number of invincibility frames in the dash
- Extended heal time slightly

So there are i-frames, but less so, and health kits don't recharge at teleport pads. But yeah, it was super hard to keep track of since the i-frames went in first for a weekend and then were stripped out like two days later because of all the negativity.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

thecluckmeme posted:

This may have killed the desire I had to play the game, because nothing sounds more like a burden for a new player than having to grind health kits instead of having them replenish Estus Flask style in an already hard game.
The thing is that there's never really a need to grind them; just playing naturally through the game should allow you to have a very steady supply of them.

VVVVV
Then I'm just a pro at the game cause I was able to find secrets without falling into holes.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 14, 2016

• Locked thread