Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Sensei, because the slash+dash attack is really fantastic up north and out west

(The dash+slash also owns and is good, and I really appreciate the game making both appreciably different)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
There are 12 16 keys and a literal fuckton of smackers in the game. They aren't infinite though, and each appears in a specific place

e: whoops I meant 16, four per zone, I can math

Vicas fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 15, 2016

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Fun fact, you can actually shoot the switch that leads to the 8th module in the eastern area with the regular gun. It doesn't have the Sniper marker

e: also about the second gun you got it's basically a better version of the shotgun in that it trades 1 damage at ultra-close range (and some ammo) for the ability to still do sizable damage at medium range, and covers the biggest area of all guns. It's particularly good against those wolves that we briefly saw in the north area (and elsewhere) because it covers basically all parts of their erratic movement if you fire it in their direction. Oh, and it can be re-fired faster than the shotgun, if I remember correctly

All that said, after the basic blaster literally all guns are useful or not based on your playstyle. I've pretty much never used the sniper rifle for combat, for example

Vicas fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 22, 2016

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I mostly just feel there are guns that do everything it does but better, though having the most ammo in the game is certainly a plus. All guns are playstyle, really, which is one of the design decisions I really like

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I did not expect myself to enjoy playing NG+ but it kinda sorta made the game into one of my favorites of the year, even when i already had a pretty high opinion of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
An important thing to know is that literally nothing in this game is named in the game, so the community has come up with various names for a lot of items/bosses/characters themselves, and it can be a bit tough to talk about the game without making sure you agree on them

Oddly enough the steam achievements have the most complete list of "official names" for various item types (and the diamonds are just called modules) but really you can call them whatever you want as long as your audience understands. Even outside of the game only 3 of the bosses even have names, and they're not really their names, just convenient tarot cards

• Locked thread