Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goggle Fox
Jul 9, 2011

I was going to refer to them as "gold", and I know a bunch of people just call them "upgrades," but

Mraagvpeine posted:

Seeing how they are pieces of a whole, my mind drifted to "pieces of eight" and my first idea was "pieces of four", but then I thought Doubloons after seeing how you referred to them as #2s.

History note: The 2 escudo coin, or doubloon, was also worth 32 real. The "pieces of eight" refers to the half-escudo / 8 real coin, the old Spanish dollar. So oddly enough, the exchange rate is 4 dollars to a doubloon. The same is true of our gold upgrade pieces.

That II might be deliberate, I'm not sure. But I'd say call the little ones dollars and the big ones doubloons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goggle Fox
Jul 9, 2011

So I see we've now constructed a Skippy Granola and, in time, we'll be constructing more.

Fighting this boss in the demo is what cemented for me that this was going to turn out great. It's a beautiful set-piece, and it doesn't take too long to piece together "wait, those explode, what if I do this?" Plus, that music. Really all the music and sound design in this game is great, but the boss intros are top notch.

Also, yes, the Shotgun is here! Do you know the weapon swap "bug" by any chance? It makes shotgun combos amazing.

Goggle Fox
Jul 9, 2011

The thing I still find weird about that is, I could swear in demos I played before release, the dash had i-frames. Not through the whole dash, but there was a portion where you wouldn't get hit if an attack crossed your dash, just at the start of it. I'm not sure if my memory was bad or if they took it out later, only to re-add it; if it's the latter I'm at a loss as to why, even that tiny bit of leeway makes combat much smoother.

Goggle Fox
Jul 9, 2011

It might be related to the desync caused by the "and I'm at 7:27 and 3, 2, 1, go" thing.

• Locked thread