Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

I actually made my way through pretty much the entire game without using grenades at all or even buying one. I also never bought any of the 'special attacks' and didn't use guns much at all until i found the shotgun (as late as i could have possibly found it, no less) It was pretty much the charge attack, shielded dash, and projectile reflection for me the whole time. I feel like this game does have quite a bit of flexibility to it in terms of viable playstyles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

Speaking of which, Bacter, I challenge thee - next time you record, make it a point to never have full ammo for one session. Adding guns to your combos looks super cool, and is really effective.

the shotgun is excellent for this, which is why it is my favorite gun

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

Heck man a point-blank shardgun blast can take out some of the larger enemies in one go. It's amazing

If I'm remembering right it actually does even more damage than the charge attack, which is already one of the most damaging single attacks in the whole game

• Locked thread