Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I found this game much more enjoyable with a controller. The drifting an the shooting gets a bit tougher, (You sure can't cheat at the drift challenge like that.) but the combat feels way more dynamic. I found it a bit more fair to have to actually aim, rather than clicking on enemies with a mouse button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

Beating the soccer goblin and realizing there was no achievement was the low point of my life so far.

I didn't find the soccer that hard. If you aim just right, you can consistently score goals from the point where the ball spawns. If you explode the goal post first and hit it at just the right angle with a charged attack the goalie never manages to reach it. You can see it quite well here. Full disclosure, I played the game just a few days after it was released. That cheese tactic might have been disabled by now.

It's way less cheaty than using the mouse for the drift challenge.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 21, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

Air is lava, you're going to have to let go of your destructive and obsessive notion that I somehow CHEATED at that challenge eventually. I'm worried for you.

Hehe. No big deal. It barely keeps me awake at night. :v:

I really like the design of this big old frog. He looks great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

Ok, I guess all the zones got opened at some point? Because I SWEAR the western and southern zones were protected by those directional blocks when I first beat the game. Which, you know, given the Western boss isn't a bad idea.

No. The only zone which was closed at the start was the southern one. Guess who did west first. I was kinda stuck there for a while.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fedule posted:

So the PS4 version dropped and I snapped it up mostly because of the first few videos in this LP.

Anything I should know going in?

Don't rush through the game. Take your time to plan your moves carefully and to be accustomed to the enemies and try to admire your surroundings.
Also south is the best. Go there first.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fedule posted:

Does the dash have I-frames? I can't quite tell. It seems like it shouldn't but sometimes I seem to dash into bullets and not take damage? I don't have any dash upgrades besides chain.

Yeah, that's an upgrade.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Ottersama Even though you call this choice gravy, the sword skills are really the meat of this game.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

I should point out that there's technically a fifth shopkeeper.

We don't...

we don't discuss 'Ol Snapper. Not if we can help it.

Health or defense upgrades are always the most boring ones. Either you can get a cool new skill or you can mess up slightly more. :geno:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bacter posted:

Next update! There are a bunch of big arenas in this level, making it super fun to play!

I promise I'll try to leave off using the grenades so much, they're just... well, look and see.

(Also, happy birthday to Bacter! Fweeee)

Thanks for the shout out and happy birthday. It was a fun video.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Tarishments of the gnarded Trantviel'gke.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This video ended really abruptly. Was that supposed to happen?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That boss is incredibly tough, if you decide to go to the west first. I don't think it took me 20 times, but it was a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Three of those machine gun tank goblins may sound bad. But try 4 with a few rocket launchers mixed in! I was so sure I had it, but that wave ate all my health. The tank goblins are definitely the hardest regular enemy in the game.

Also I disagree with regards to fat birds. I found that getting really close to them is the best tactic, since you can take them out with a loaded swing or a shotgun blast really easily .

• Locked thread