Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

monster on a stick posted:

I backed it and gave up a couple hours in for this reason. (Well, one of them.)

They patched in a few little changes to lower the difficulty a few weeks after launch (i-frames in your dodge being the big one), so if you tried it right when it came out, perhaps consider another foray?

Mzbundifund posted:

Also if the player character IS a robot that raises the question of who built it and for what purpose, but I've no idea whether the game ever answers these questions.

Though Bacter's elegant play hasn't really shown it off, there are several situations that end in your drifter leaking what seems to be very probably blood. Also there's a guy that's blue like you in town, whose idle animation is to drink something. I'm inclined to think the mechanical sounding cough is just trying to fit a cough noise in a game where all the 'talking' came out of a soundboard.

Anyway. This game! Man, i love this game. I feel that it's really a rare kickstarter gem that is exactly what kickstarting games was supposed to be for - and with several recent crashes and burns, that we're unlikely to see the like of again. I really wish I had the hardware to record Good Audio, so that i could beg for a guest slot. None of my real-life acquaintances got into Hyper Light, and i'd love someone to yammer about it with. (Although, one of said acquaintances does have a streaming setup I might be able to take over...)

Also, gently caress the soccer goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
I know they waffled on those changes a couple times but I thought that they ended up keeping them, particularly as Bacter mentioned medkits refilling at teleports. Either way it was too late for poor me, so i didn't pay the closest of attention. Perhaps excuse my poor memory.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Considering that you can just warp point to a place with medkits, i'm kinda baffled that that's the hill the masochists chose to die on.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

My thought was Chips and Circuit Boards. Likewise, the diamonds pretty clearly felt to me like 'power cores' since they make doors open and things in the center city light up.

I have a comment to the bad about those disease-goop smackdown hallucinations, but i feel like it would be a little spoilers to say it now before you see another. This comment is mostly just to remind myself :v:

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Since all the art and architecture in the eastern area is clearly of the Otterdogs (stoats), and because of Things we'll see later, my interpretation was that the four areas were each home to an individual nation, and eventually all four were unified with the big fancy city in the middle being the new capital. I agree on the east supplying fuel and power to the rest of the empire, but then when technomagical chernobyl happened, things splintered apart again. Without the rest of the empire to protect them, the Otterdogs were overwhelmed by Hun Frogs, who were either an underclass that rose up, or invaders out of the east.

At least, that's what i got out of 3 panels of story,a boss's design, and some architecture :v:

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

If i recall, you can actually shoot the swooping bird enemies out of the air with (some?) guns.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Sensei

Reenact the end of every samurai movie!

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Just as an update to a prior thought, i went back to test it and you can very definitely shoot the crows down with any gun while they're flying. The swoop animation is just when they're vulnerable to being melee-countered.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Slash-and-dash is the most gloriously samurai movie of skills, and therefore the Mustelid Master is the clear choice at this juncture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

As a (not terribly hidden) side note, i think it's important/relevant that the samurai cats can come out of their crystal stasis unharmed, but blue dudes like the one on the bridge always shatter.

Incidentally, i assume that, by virtue of hue, our Drifter is of the same... clan, shall we say, as that poor fossilized chap?

• Locked thread