Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Haruharuharuko posted:

Yeah and? Never said I was better than them I just have stories you want them or not?

There's a 90% chance anybody on this forum that will talk poo poo about your job is either unemployed or works for a lovely startup where they're paid in pizza and use of the arcade machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

vols bitch posted:

whats it like going to walmart in fallujah

St Louis is a lot like Iraq I guess

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Heath posted:

There's a 90% chance anybody on this forum that will talk poo poo about your job is either unemployed or works for a lovely startup where they're paid in pizza and use of the arcade machine

i work for NASA :smug:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

i work for NASA :smug:
I don't think they pay the nasa guys money anymore though so thats prettty much the same ,dad gay

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Oh hey wb dgsw.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Nathilus posted:

Oh hey wb dgsw.

Yep he was gone for a long time. For real. Like really.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think they pay the nasa guys money anymore though so thats prettty much the same ,dad gay

im a contractor on the stealth bathysphere program and i can assure it pays quite well :smug:

dad gay. so what fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 10, 2016

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

Oh hey wb dgsw.

same

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

im a contractor on the stealth bathysphere program and i can assure it pays quite well : smug:
ah yeah, they still pay the "black project" people, because it would be racist not to.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Saw someone shooting up in my wal mart..also saw kids in full blackmetal facepaint at 2am

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

KiteAuraan posted:

I want to one in the lovely part of Tempe around midnight once. A dude tried to sell me crack in the parking lot. That is my Wal-Mart story.

Well, how much did you buy?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

TeeMerk posted:

Well, how much did you buy?

He was overcharging. Also, I am pretty sure it was just baking soda crystals.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I slept in a Wal mart parking lot once, but I got scared half way through and left. Welp, that's my story.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

There's a furry girl that comes in every few months dressed normally except for a full foxtail hanging from her belt and a set of fox or cat ears. Best part about this is the absolutely deathly embarrassed looking grandma that's with her.

An older lady who walks around the store with a roling suitcase she never buys anything just walks around rolling the suitcase behind her.

The greeter we used to have gave the fewest fucks of any human being I've ever met. A customer had some merch with her but wanted a cart but didn't want to walk past the security gates/pylons and asked the greeter to get her a cart he looks her right in the eyes and just points at the carts and say "They're over there" and just walks away.

Had a truck unloader die from a heart attack midtruck unloading.

The haircuts I see on a daily basis are just amazing from the classic mullet that seems to be on the way out to the current mohawks on little kids to one gentlemans what I can only describe as the voltron of haircuts the dude had a widows peak but the hair that was there was like super long wavy like perfect hair except for a massive bald spot in the middle behind the widows peak followed by more amazing long hair like none of it work together.

People printing out obviously fake coupons and trying to pass them off. Oh, that Xbox one is free sure let me get that for you just ignore the sirens as the cops got called.

People with the coupon binder like I'd rather just make a bunch of poo poo your buying free put the binder away.

Every time there's a mass shooting we get a huge run on ammunition. Because this time is when Obamas comin' for our guns.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Absolutely! They are one in the same.

wicked i fuckin knew it!

im truly a sommelier of scum and filth

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think they pay the nasa guys money anymore though

Thanks Obama.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nascardad posted:

Saw someone shooting up in my wal mart..also saw kids in full blackmetal facepaint at 2am
sounds like florida

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Walmart bought out Asda (terrible UK stores) but nothing good or interesting ever came of it. like I cant even buy a crappy ar15 or anything.

well that's my story, namaste.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like Walmart, it was my go to place when I was staying in lovely motels in my drive across America. Apart from that one time I went to one in Kentucky and tried to buy alcohol and the cashier girl told me "You can't buy that", and I was like, no, im 29, look I have a passport, and she goes no, we are a dry county on a Sunday. And I'm like "the gently caress does that mean?", and she told me she can't sell me alcohol today because of "laws".

As a Brit, I find not being able to get wasted on a Sunday equivalent to living in North Korea.

kecske posted:

Walmart bought out Asda (terrible UK stores) but nothing good or interesting ever came of it. like I cant even buy a crappy ar15 or anything.

well that's my story, namaste.

It got worse. Try buying "sirloin steak" from asda. Cook it, and even rare, it is like rubber and bounces off walls like a squash ball.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spud posted:

I like Walmart, it was my go to place when I was staying in lovely motels in my drive across America. Apart from that one time I went to one in Kentucky and tried to buy alcohol and the cashier girl told me "You can't buy that", and I was like, no, im 29, look I have a passport, and she goes no, we are a dry county on a Sunday. And I'm like "the gently caress does that mean?", and she told me she can't sell me alcohol today because of "laws".

As a Brit, I find not being able to get wasted on a Sunday equivalent to living in North Korea.

I had to go to georgia for work and it was like this as well, it was hell and always seems to happen in places where there's nothing to do but get drunk

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I kinda like my Walmart. When they got rid of their greeters/loss prevention a few years ago my store didn't fire the greeter, just moved her to another position, and now she's back as a greeter. I don't like shopping there because you have to double check items and make sure they haven't already been opened, and this store isn't in a garbage area of town or anything. There are also a lot of bare shelves and poo poo because they don't want to hire enough people to keep the store loving running.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Train posted:

I had to go to georgia for work and it was like this as well, it was hell and always seems to happen in places where there's nothing to do but get drunk

Ironically I even drove one county over as I had fuckall else to do at 6pm apart from drink and watch American TV, and THAT was the loving same too.

I got to see some nice big houses and farmland though, so that was cool.

AuntBuck posted:

I kinda like my Walmart. When they got rid of their greeters/loss prevention a few years ago my store didn't fire the greeter, just moved her to another position, and now she's back as a greeter. I don't like shopping there because you have to double check items and make sure they haven't already been opened, and this store isn't in a garbage area of town or anything. There are also a lot of bare shelves and poo poo because they don't want to hire enough people to keep the store loving running.

Those greeters scared the gently caress out of me. I mean, Britain isn't as bad as Finland when it comes to aversion for talking to strangers, but it is sure creepy to have someone telling you to have a nice day when you don't know them and just want to get on with your shop without being judged for buying 24 cans of high strength alcohol on a Sunday.

And are you serious about items being opened? That sounds like China or something, not America.

spud fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 10, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Its really sad when you go to really small towns and the wal mart is the best thing there and they have a couple overqualified employees actually trying to help inbred idiots with DVD players or whatever

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Haruharuharuko posted:

Having worked at one for a few years now (run my own business and I'll be hosed if I'm paying for my own insurance)

sure, that's why you work at wal mart.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Walmart is some serious riff raff. I take hp damage everytime i go there. Also gently caress the Waltons.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

spud posted:

Those greeters scared the gently caress out of me. I mean, Britain isn't as bad as Finland when it comes to aversion for talking to strangers, but it is sure creepy to have someone telling you to have a nice day when you don't know them and just want to get on with your shop without being judged for buying 24 cans of high strength alcohol on a Sunday.

And are you serious about items being opened? That sounds like China or something, not America.

I think shoplifting is pretty common here, especially when a store has poor security. I have mixed feelings about the greeters and stores that automatically assume I'm stealing, but the stores around me fill a lot of those positions with disabled and elderly people which is nice. Plus they usually know stuff about the store so I can ask them where product X is without having to wander all over.

edit: Wouldn't mind if Alice Walton ate a chainsaw.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Walmart is for theft, who's going to stop you, the geriatric greeter?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

The cops parked in front 24/7.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AuntBuck posted:

The cops parked in front 24/7.

the only wal mart i've ever seen cops parked in front of was in hawaii, they don't even do that in california's meth counties

comes along bort posted:

walmart's decent enough entertainment after the bars and clubs let out and you're not drunk or hungry enough for waffle house

tbh i always found that while wal mart has a certain clientele that is decent by default for people-watching, they simply lack the athleticism seen in shoplifters of other establishments to put on a good show when it goes down

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 10, 2016

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
walmart's decent enough entertainment after the bars and clubs let out and you're not drunk or hungry enough for waffle house

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

if you don't gently caress with ocean state job lot i feel bad for you son

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

the only wal mart i've ever seen cops parked in front of was in hawaii, they don't even do that in california's meth counties

I live in New Mexico, land of enchantment. I did see some of the same poo poo happening at Walmart when I lived in northern California. I think it's more of a "gently caress paying our own security, we'll just call the cops for any little thing" attitude.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Ferroque posted:

if you don't gently caress with ocean state job lot i feel bad for you son

hey now they start at $11 /hr and dont drug test...a fuckin decent job with no bullshit

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
The front left portion of my walmart's parking lot has become it's own little rv park. There's always a few motor homes and truckers parked out there and they set up chairs and just chill out. Looks like fun.

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~

spud posted:

going from texas' no liquor past 9 and on sundays to colorado's 'come get your cheap drunk on before 11 pm/12 am' was like a dream, blue laws are fuckin stupid.

i think walmart's one of the stores backing a law (bill?) here that'll let grocery sell alcohol above a certain abv, and the local liquor stores don't like that, so i don't know what to think!!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
looks like walmart might suck, will reserve judgement until gbs goons sort out the facts. im withholding judgemen:vince:

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

looks like walmart might suck, will reserve judgement until gbs goons sort out the facts. im withholding judgemen:vince:

Judgment.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

looks like we may have a clerical error :vince:

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
dad typo. so what

Nice to see you back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU