Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Thought's on pets that are not working out?
Yes
No
Milkshake
View Results

• Locked thread
Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

My cat was old and sick. Then she wandered off on her own and drowned herself in a pool.

cats that are old and sick and know they're about to die do that
well most of that except for the drowning themselves in a pool
usually they just curl up under a tree and say "sorry for the bother"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
soakin'

hi wendi!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
wait, there's a cat prison?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
In the last six weeks or so, I am out close to $2,000 dollars on a mentally deranged coward of a cat who never purrs, or wants to be petted, or does anything cute. I've had him for three-plus years, and he still runs in panic to hide under the bed whenever I take a step anywhere in my home. Every time I give him his life-saving medicines, he loses his mind in a retard freakout like that scene in Something About Mary where the guy with the ear muffs beats the poo poo out of Ben Stiller. My arms are sliced to ribbons. My house is so full of cat hair that it's choking my computer and ruining my clothes. I'm spending most of my Saturdays in vet offices. My reward for all this is to be treated like I'm a monster come to strip his flesh from his bones every time I try to scratch his sweet little ears.

I'm fed up with it. I'm tired of spewing money like a defective ATM. I'm tired of buying hydrogen peroxide, gauze, and 91% isopropyl alcohol in bulk quantities. I'm tired of starting my mornings on my hands and knees trying to fish out the cat so he can once again slice my arms open in insane panic while I try to give him another dose of pain meds and antibiotics to make it so he can eat, and to keep him from relapsing back into the infections that were killing him a month ago. I'm sick of not sleeping because he's found a hole and hidden in the walls where I can't get to him, and I know he needs his medicines, and I know he needs food and water. Did I mention that he hid in the walls? He did.

I've had all I can take. I'm frustrated, and upset, and sick of my time, and my money, and my flesh all being stripped away to help an animal who has made he clear he doesn't want my help. I'm just about at my breaking point, and thinking that maybe it's time to give up. Then, I catch a look at him.

I see his little tongue hanging out, and I know it's because he's hurting, and I know that he doesn't know why he's hurting, and I know that he doesn't know that I'm just trying to make the hurting stop. I think about the way he sometimes comes over to be petted, because it's not really "never," just, "almost never." I think about how he comes close enough to be touched, but puts his belly all the way down to the ground when my hand comes down on him I think about the way he squirms away, then twists and flops over on his back, then scoots in a little closer, only to repeat the cycle. I can see that he wants to be petted, but he's scared, or conflicted. I think about his meow, which is usually hoarse and weak, and I think about those very rare occasions when he does climb on the bed next to me, and lets me pet him, and he purrs. I think about the way he is just terrified of literally everything in the world, and I know that he can't help what he is. Then, I sigh, and check my bank balance, and make another appointment with the vet.

What I'm saying is, once you're in, you're in to stay.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Centripetal Horse posted:

In the last six weeks or so, I am out close to $2,000 dollars on a mentally deranged coward of a cat who never purrs, or wants to be petted, or does anything cute. I've had him for three-plus years, and he still runs in panic to hide under the bed whenever I take a step anywhere in my home. Every time I give him his life-saving medicines, he loses his mind in a retard freakout like that scene in Something About Mary where the guy with the ear muffs beats the poo poo out of Ben Stiller. My arms are sliced to ribbons. My house is so full of cat hair that it's choking my computer and ruining my clothes. I'm spending most of my Saturdays in vet offices. My reward for all this is to be treated like I'm a monster come to strip his flesh from his bones every time I try to scratch his sweet little ears.

I'm fed up with it. I'm tired of spewing money like a defective ATM. I'm tired of buying hydrogen peroxide, gauze, and 91% isopropyl alcohol in bulk quantities. I'm tired of starting my mornings on my hands and knees trying to fish out the cat so he can once again slice my arms open in insane panic while I try to give him another dose of pain meds and antibiotics to make it so he can eat, and to keep him from relapsing back into the infections that were killing him a month ago. I'm sick of not sleeping because he's found a hole and hidden in the walls where I can't get to him, and I know he needs his medicines, and I know he needs food and water. Did I mention that he hid in the walls? He did.

I've had all I can take. I'm frustrated, and upset, and sick of my time, and my money, and my flesh all being stripped away to help an animal who has made he clear he doesn't want my help. I'm just about at my breaking point, and thinking that maybe it's time to give up. Then, I catch a look at him.

I see his little tongue hanging out, and I know it's because he's hurting, and I know that he doesn't know why he's hurting, and I know that he doesn't know that I'm just trying to make the hurting stop. I think about the way he sometimes comes over to be petted, because it's not really "never," just, "almost never." I think about how he comes close enough to be touched, but puts his belly all the way down to the ground when my hand comes down on him I think about the way he squirms away, then twists and flops over on his back, then scoots in a little closer, only to repeat the cycle. I can see that he wants to be petted, but he's scared, or conflicted. I think about his meow, which is usually hoarse and weak, and I think about those very rare occasions when he does climb on the bed next to me, and lets me pet him, and he purrs. I think about the way he is just terrified of literally everything in the world, and I know that he can't help what he is. Then, I sigh, and check my bank balance, and make another appointment with the vet.

What I'm saying is, once you're in, you're in to stay.

I didn't read a word of this poo poo

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wait, there's a cat prison?

Alcatraz

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
animal abuse is now a federal crime op; reported to the fbi

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I went to Dacatou when I was a kid

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
What is with goons lately and their rampant desire to kill cats that are inconveniencing them?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
my cat is a hardcore bitch but i will def cry when she has to be put down.. had her for 13 years now and her eyes are getting all glaucoma-y and she drools and stuff :/

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I didn't read a word of this poo poo

Look, we know you can't read. You don't have to keep throwing it in our faces.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Centripetal Horse posted:

Look, we know you can't read. You don't have to keep throwing it in our faces.

If i knew what you were wrighting I would be real mad at you

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Schlomo :rip:

Leave it up to a jew to take another living being to the gas chamber

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Cats are cool and good, but it sucks when they start to get old and die :smith:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

My cat became way more loving when it got old and started to die. It used to barely like me but then it got cat Alzheimers and would forget how long you had been patting it for so always wanted more. It was so into being patted that if I tried to stand up and kick it off my lap it would scramble up onto my shoulders so that it could ride me while I walked around, until I sat down again.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

That cat probably had a health problem.

i think its just the genes for domestication are not 100% some times your going to get a cat that wants to be wild and doesn't get along with human environments. no one would be concerned if a cougar didn't want to use the litter box

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Voted milkshake as in turn your cats into a milkshake and drink it. You will gain their power.

No wait. Don't do that. Why the hell did you even get cats if this crossed your mind?

naem
May 29, 2011

I dreamt that demons who were allergic to iron and fire were attacking me and the only iron I had was a bunch of bangle bracelets I'd made a chain out of and when I whipped them they'd calmly explain that lopping their body parts off just let them reform into tentacle monsters so then I yelled HOW ABOUT A LITTLE FIRE SCARECROW and shot fire from my hands and the last 45 minutes of dream was just screaming in terror as I hunted them down cackling

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Cats deserve to be in prison

You know what you doing

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

naem posted:

I dreamt that demons who were allergic to iron and fire were attacking me and the only iron I had was a bunch of bangle bracelets I'd made a chain out of and when I whipped them they'd calmly explain that lopping their body parts off just let them reform into tentacle monsters so then I yelled HOW ABOUT A LITTLE FIRE SCARECROW and shot fire from my hands and the last 45 minutes of dream was just screaming in terror as I hunted them down cackling

This owns, thank you

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

What kind of a demon is allergic to fire? Demons live in fire. You basically dreamt about murdering the bubble boy of demons.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't dream about killing animals a lot op.

naem
May 29, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

What kind of a demon is allergic to fire? Demons live in fire. You basically dreamt about murdering the bubble boy of demons.

It must have been a fae of some sort then, it was v realistic also it took place in a pleasant suburban basement

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Moon Atari posted:

obviously they were ice demons idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

my parents wound up with a cat that likes to piss right down the sink drain in one bathroom

he's otherwise an awesome fella but goddamnit the smell when you run the water in there

• Locked thread