Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Moridin don't argue with these retards just let the thread die in ignominy like it should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's your fuckin argument in response? some old NASA video optimistically was like 'we'll have moon colonies by 2000!' in the 70s and that's equivalent???

are you fuckin SERIOUSLY guy hahahahahahahaha

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Moridin don't argue with these retards just let the thread die in ignominy like it should

lol fair enough

\/\/\/ yeah well guess what it'll be way before 2046, too

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Like I said, send me a PM when you can go to the car dealer and buy a car that drives itself in every condition you would now be expected to be capable of driving in.

(Hint: It won't be by 2021).

Apr 7, 2003

It is mind-blowing how many people there are who are emotionally invested in living in a high tech Neo Tokyo and get enraged when you suggest it may not happen soon.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen the future and it's insanely gay

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
All these cars are going to be equipped with internal surveillance so they can prosecute the gross dudes who shoot loads in them. No privacy in your car in the future.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Citizen Tayne posted:

It is mind-blowing how many people there are who are emotionally invested in living in a high tech Neo Tokyo and get enraged when you suggest it may not happen soon.

Willing to bet on your predictions here or are you just talking poo poo? $1000 (you make six figgies right???) says 10% of vehicles in the united states are self-driving by the end of 2036. That's 10 years under your estimate, seems fair to me. Bet is cancelled if the SA forums do not exist by then. Hell, if you really had convictions you'd give me better odds but I'm down for 50-50.

See you in 2036 you punk rear end little runt!!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

it's mind blowing how you reach this conclusion, and not simply the conclusion that we don't believe you when you say X but everyone else from CEOs of major automotive companies to start up engineers to programmers are going 'this will be done within a decade or two.'

I mean bro super smart scientists and people in the field said the Human Genome Project would take decades and decades and decades but hey technology advanced and we knocked that poo poo out in less than 15 years. That's better indication of how this will go than some random 70s NASA video.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

spud posted:

The term Daily Driver makes me very angry.

Its a loving car. A CAR.

Sometimes I think America is more at odds with the Western World than Russia is.

Also "stick shift?" IT'S A MANUAL GEARBOX!!!

We say daily driver because americans are so rich even ordinary people own multiple cars

Apr 7, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

it's mind blowing how you reach this conclusion, and not simply the conclusion that we don't believe you when you say X but everyone else from CEOs of major automotive companies to start up engineers to programmers are going 'this will be done within a decade or two.'

I mean bro super smart scientists and people in the field said the Human Genome Project would take decades and decades and decades but hey technology advanced and we knocked that poo poo out in less than 15 years. That's better indication of how this will go than some random 70s NASA video.

I'm not the one saying it's thirty years off, the director of the project at Google is.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-...ades-for-others

Waiting for that PM.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm not the one saying it's thirty years off, the director of the project at Google is.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-...ades-for-others

Waiting for that PM.

oh you mean the dude that just left that project lol

Apr 7, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Sounds like he knows something we don't

We can sit here and argue about this all day, but we've been on this merry-go-round before and it degrades into people who are like Star Citizen enthusiasts but about this technology calling people who have serious questions about it "retards".

PM me when you can go to the car dealership and buy a self-driving car that can work in any conditions you would reasonably be expected to drive in.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Citizen Tayne posted:

The year is 2046, because that is thirty years from 2016. I use my mobile app to summon an Uber autonomous cab to take me to work. It arrives with several major body panels missing. The door pops open and I slide into the back seat, careful to avoid the piles of feces and used needles littering the floor. The car shudders off like an old shopping cart, because two of the tires are blown. "This is progress," I think to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Director of project resigns saying "this will never be ready within my lifetime"

GBS dude: "lol are you gonna trust him?? he QUIT. sounds like he doesn't know anything about it to me"

• Locked thread