Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Moridin920 posted:

2. well if you have some shitbird Volvo then sure lol but I'm talking about adults with decent cars they don't want to load a ton of miles onto here

Fuckin lol

What sort of moon man buys a car and thinks "well it cant go long distances, which i want to do sometimes, but thats cool ill just rent another car for that when the time comes" *thinks about how much maitenence and resale hes saving while driving his 75 dollar a day hire car down the highway*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Are you retarded? Why would I drive an E55 AMG to Vegas when I could just rent a nice car instead and not have the beast suck down all my gas? $75/day pff you must be retarded. Costs like half that for a decent car with way better mileage.

obv my car CAN get to Vegas, but I can also just spend $100 and have a decent rental for the weekend.

At least two of those are for sure human error, I can remember the specific news story. One is in dispute I guess because the wife claims she definitely didn't push the wrong pedal and the autopilot definitely just came on and crashed her car even though none of the sensor/computer data corroborates that (ie she hit the wrong pedal and is trying to sue Tesla about it).

Gas mileage is pretty important to me which is why I both own a european sports sedan and make sure to only drive it in the city traffic to work and not out on the highway - a stupid person

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Who told you they don't have AC? Ofc they have AC. If they didn't have AC the battery would overheat.

you're right there's 0 reason anyone would ever own more than 1 car, bc that 1 car should be able to fill every single vehicular need you may ever have.

idiot

Im rich enough to afford "occaisonal" cars but I rent lovely econo boxes for my weekends away to save miniscule amounts on gas money

Hell yeah dude you ballin, when the girls ask you for a ride in the merc do you ask them not to use the heated seats because it fucks up your mileage calculations

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

lol you're so dumb. why don't you at least take 2 mins to google what a decent car for a weekend costs because you are just double downing on sounding like a dumbass who hasn't ever rented one.

A compact car here costs fifty a day, minimum and thats assuming you dont value the time spent collecting and dropping off the loving thing

• Locked thread