Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Welcome to the PBP/Online Board Gaming Thread

This thread is to be used to make it easy to see what PBP/online games are currently running, if they are looking for players/replacements, announcements of new games and as a general resource for playing board games online.

Websites to play games online:

Vassal: Mostly good for wargames/grognardy games, can be extremely useful if you are planning to do your own PBPs since for some games it provides full scans of all the pieces.
Tabletop Simulator: Physics enabled: used to be just fun to play around but the developers have improved it and can be good to play stuff like X-Wing now.
Boardgaming Online (Through the Ages): Has new and old TTA, very good implementation, accommodates both PBEM and instantaneous play.
Yucata: Has a bunch of games, haven't used it that much.
Board Game Arena: Pretty slick interface for some games.
BrettSpielWelt: Used to be the standard to play online, but it's pretty crappy now and old and there are better places.
Boardgame Core: Has the only implementation of Food Chain Megnate, recommended.
Boitajeux: Has a bunch of implementations for Dungeon Lords/Petz and many other games besides.
Fantasy Strike: Website for Yomi/Puzzle Strike/Other Sirlin games.
Terra Mystica Online: Does what it says on the tin.

Threads that usually announce their PBP

BattleCON/Level 99
Battlestar Galactica

How Tos

How to Run a PBP (by Stelas)

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Games Looking for Players

Games Currently Running
[PBP] Food Chain Magnate - I'm Runnin' It
[PBP] Food Chain Magnate - Kiddy Meal
[PBP] Falling Sky - Sky not actually guaranteed to fall
[PBP] Statecraft - Make the Games Room Great Again
[PBP] Statecraft - It Connotes Excitement
[PBP] EXCEED - Pretty good game, terrible art
[PBP] Pandemic Legacy - Diseases in easy monthly installments

Mage KnightKeyflowerClash of CulturesRobinson CrusoeEldritch HorrorBattlestar GalacticaDungeon LordsFood Chain Magnate

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 24, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I started a game of EXCEED. I don't mind running another one so if you are interested let me know.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

If anyone feels like yomi let me know tia.

• Locked thread