Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
They let a fat dude at work go looking for a pokemon during a slow spell and he walked at least a quarter mile away. That guy must loving inject sugar to stay as big as he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I installed the game on my phone and immediately caught a Pokeman in my bedroom. I then turned off my phone because that's as far as I'm willing to go.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
millennials need a goddamn app to go outside and walk around?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

spud posted:

No....it's so Nintendo can learn the location of all children and stunted manchildren over a given period of time, and then act on that.

They are really biding their time on this one. They've had that information for a while

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Three-Phase posted:

Are the spawn locations limited? So you're not having these things in the middle of a military base or an airport or something like that?

I'm working around military bases/the middle of nowhere right now and I can confirm there are no Pokemen around until I'm back in the city, but I did catch a sandshrew in the airport on my way out here so they are there

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yes, op, nintendo have been trying this for ages with all kinds of poo poo, from not putting a backlight in the gba, to wii fit, to doing the whole street pass thing with the 3ds

miamoto has literally said he feels at least partially responsible for how fat video game people are he feels lovely about it

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
nintendo gamers seem more well adjusted than most Miyamoto can relax a bit

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Grimace posted:

millenials are fat as gently caress, so this is a net win

ive just seen aging 20-somethings playing pokemon go

no children, no neckbeards, as they never go more than 30 feet from their house which means u cant catch pokemon

also where i live there are no ingress checkpoints or whatever. theres about 30 within walking distance from one of the college campuses so im guessing the one person who played ingress here was living in that dorm

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
All the "gyms" in my area are inside churches; coincidence? It's really just a way to get our hedonistic wayward youth back into the Lord's house, imo.

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 10, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tinder is way to get millenials outside and have sex with each other

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

safetyStanddown posted:

All the "gyms" in my area are inside churches; coincidence? I'm p sure it's a plot to get our hedonistic wayward youth back into houses of worship.

the keywords for gyms are 'significant places, spiritually, culturally, etc' so yeah a shitload of churches and old memorials are going to pop up as gyms

the problem is it required someone to put it down as a location in the first place

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Pokémon won't laugh at my tiny baby dick tho

Except ghastly, he's a piece of poo poo

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Alhamdul'illah, imo, and also ma'shallah

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Where can I find rare Pokémon?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

smdh if you're an adult and you play this poo poo

feller
Jul 5, 2006

vyst posted:

smdh if you're an adult and you play this poo poo

this isn't a rebuttal, I just really like this image

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously what is the point of Pokemon GO? It's just walk around town and hope to find pokemon to do what with? Nothing worthwhile. It's a loving trick game to make Nintendo relevant again and to trick the millennials to go outside and walk around and poo poo.

This was a Public Service Message - Stay the gently caress away from Pokemon GO.

Pokemon GO? More like Pokemon Go Away!

You're right Nintendo made this game in order to get millennials to go outside, the micro payments are just an irrelevant add-on.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well my brother and his shy anti-social kid are out playing this now so that's good. :unsmith:

Him
Oct 9, 2015
Let's go break into their houses while they're gone and steal their Cheetos and whatever else fat fucks eat

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres a high profile gym right outside my house and i keep seeing dumbasses walk into one another

good game and i didnt even play it

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Weird, people in real life tend to think this is pretty cool, while internet people seem to be angry buttholes about it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Him posted:

Let's go break into their houses while they're gone and steal their Cheetos and whatever else fat fucks eat

I'm rolling with this dude

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

jackyl posted:

millennials need a goddamn app to go outside and walk around

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Weird, people in real life tend to think this is pretty cool, while internet people seem to be angry buttholes about it

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Lush said it best, "Pokémon Go'n kill myself."

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
this game ruels I put it on my phone andthen I went outside and I caught:
scutterflit
halfsie
poolyah
tridimiento
alan greenspan

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
oh no something's getting popular, quick start making GBS threads on everything and everyone associated with it

i mean that completely unironically and without a hint of sarcasm.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

i think its more that it's very pedestrian

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Ugg, I have to walk a block away for the Pokémon store. Which the store is a road sign and further away is my neighborhood mormon church Pokémon shop.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
I work door at a bar on weekends and like 10 people came in last night at 1am cause there was a 'cypher' or something inside. I checked their id's and said I would let them in but they better loving buy at least one drink each. They all did as I watched them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/gablandicho/status/750610397628030976

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I have no respect for anyone over the age of 10 who still plays games made for people under 10

kill ur famil

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I mean this is basically the same thing as bronies. Stunted 'adults' latching onto childish poo poo to make them feel warm inside.

Just like bronies, pokenerds point to other pokenerds as evidence that it's totally normal to obsess over cartoons marketed to pre-teens.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sound posted:

I have no respect for anyone over the age of 10 who still plays games made for people under 10

kill ur famil

Same

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously what is the point of Pokemon GO? It's just walk around town and hope to find pokemon to do what with? Nothing worthwhile. It's a loving trick game to make Nintendo relevant again and to trick the millennials to go outside and walk around and poo poo.

This was a Public Service Message - Stay the gently caress away from Pokemon GO.

Pokemon GO? More like Pokemon Go Away!

what the gently caress is pokemon?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sound posted:

kill ur famil

My eleven year old daughter thinks it's fun. So can we get a little "flex" on the age range?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

spud posted:

No....it's so Nintendo can learn the location of all children and stunted manchildren over a given period of time, and then act on that.

if you read the privacy policy there's a part where they say "there's no way to use the information we collect to build a profile on you.. unless we combine each different set of information"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lol look at how angry these goons are about this, a game that encourages you to go outside and go places

• Locked thread