Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I can't recall which one, but in one of the Summer Games Done Quick runs this year the runner replaced a load screen with that just to give the tech guys an aneurysm.

It was Bioshock. Pretty great when it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Admit it you only like the Charged Shot because you can go: pewpewpew.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
An FYI: I want to update, but I'm sick as hell (pun not intended), so it'll take a few more days before it's up.
I should really start backlogging before opening up threads.

White Coke posted:

Admit it you only like the Charged Shot because you can go: pewpewpew.

No, but I do like the actual pewpewpew gun :v:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Oh! Hey. Almost missed this thread. Glad the username caught my eye.

I'm not a terribly huge fan of FPSes (mainly because I'm not very good at them), but this certainly looks interesting at least. I'm sure I might wind up buying it during a Steam sale for posterity, at some point, as I have many other games.

In the meantime, this should be a fun watch.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

An FYI: I want to update, but I'm sick as hell (pun not intended), so it'll take a few more days before it's up.
I hope you didn't poo poo or puke out any vital organs.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Y-Hat posted:

I hope you didn't poo poo or puke out any vital organs.

Nah, I got healthy a few days ago, I should have the next update up tomorrow.

KieranWalker posted:

I'm not a terribly huge fan of FPSes (mainly because I'm not very good at them), but this certainly looks interesting at least. I'm sure I might wind up buying it during a Steam sale for posterity, at some point, as I have many other games.

I got it on a sale and it cost 40 Euros, so it may take a while before it goes for an actual sale price :v:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Nah, I got healthy a few days ago, I should have the next update up tomorrow.

I got it on a sale and it cost 40 Euros, so it may take a while before it goes for an actual sale price :v:

You can get it now for 25-28€ from several pages, like Kinguin, got mine for 28€ but I'm suffering a lot of performance issues.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

KieranWalker posted:

Word of advice, the game is optimized like garbage for lower end system. My old hunk of junk runs a GTX 560 and the game couldn't even load the title screen. What I get for actually buying games. :v:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
:skeltal:

I'll post the screenshots as soon as I can muster up the will to go through the ones from the first update and zoom them all in, so that nobody has to squint when reading the text. There isn't anything interesting in this update as far as the codex entries go, anyway.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Word of advice, the game is optimized like garbage for lower end system. My old hunk of junk runs a GTX 560 and the game couldn't even load the title screen. What I get for actually buying games. :v:

Thanks for the heads up; I think I should be fine. I'm running a 970, an i5 and 16 gigs of RAM.

First the Doom pun, now this. You are such a dork, Alexey.

(P.S. don't ever stop being a dork; we love it.)

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

KieranWalker posted:

Thanks for the heads up; I think I should be fine. I'm running a 970, an i5 and 16 gigs of RAM.

First the Doom pun, now this. You are such a dork, Alexey.

(P.S. don't ever stop being a dork; we love it.)

I have similar specs (basically an i7 instead of an i5) and it doesn't run great, I need to try it with the new patch though.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I want to play this game but I lack a good PC to work with, so I'll have to default to my PS4. Anyone can tell me about that version's quirks?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bman in 2288 posted:

I want to play this game but I lack a good PC to work with, so I'll have to default to my PS4. Anyone can tell me about that version's quirks?

Looks great, but loading times are very long.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, that "You weren't even alive in 1992!" message really makes me feel old :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

If you don't mind me asking, Alexy, where are you from? I can't place the accent.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Samovar posted:

If you don't mind me asking, Alexy, where are you from? I can't place the accent.
According to his bio, a country where they block the front page but not the forums. I'd like to know too.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

Y-Hat posted:

According to his bio, a country where they block the front page but not the forums. I'd like to know too.

The Evil Empire (Russia) :v:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Alexeythegreat posted:

The Evil Empire (Russia) :v:
I recall you also described it as The Home of Terrible Drivers. :stare:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

CommissarMega posted:

Man, that "You weren't even alive in 1992!" message really makes me feel old :v:

Me too man me too.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

NGDBSS posted:

I recall you also described it as The Home of Terrible Drivers. :stare:

Let's just say that the dashcam videos are true.
That said, Romania (or specifically Bucharest, I've only been to Bucharest) is definitely worse than anything Eastern Europe can dish out in the crazy drivers department, but they don't seem to be using dashcams a lot.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

CommissarMega posted:

cokerpilot posted:

Me too man me too.

:same:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

I wonder what are these forums going to be like when the average user age is 55-64. Will most goons even live that long?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I wonder what are these forums going to be like when the average user age is 55-64. Will most goons even live that long?

My life's goal is to die of a heart attack by 40. It's cheaper that way.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I literally have a gypsy curse on me stating that I'll die before the age of 30. :v:

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

Well, I guess it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I have that effect on people :v: I feel the same thing when I realize that people born in 1998-00 are in their very late teens.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
There's always that moment when someone has a '97 username and my first instinct is to think "Get the gently caress out, you're like 12" and then I realise that no, no they're not. Or seeing CVs at work, where people applying for a job were actually born in this millennium.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
Yeah, I think it's best example of this I can come up with is from this XKCD comic:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
A cool thing to read in a student's history essay: "Back in the 20th century..."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

My favorite Russian dashcam was the one where that meteor was about to crash and the driver sounded absolutely emotionless about it.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I like the one where some dumb chick decides to cut off a truck and predictably gets hit in the rear, then proceeds to lose her poo poo over this and call her mom for whatever reason.
It became a meme in the Russian part of the Internet back when.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CommissarMega posted:

I wasn't alive in 1992

I was born in 93

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

DOOP posted:

I wasn't alive in 1992

I was born in 93

This kid is younger than the Super Nintendo and is like 25 years old.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

:corsair: Back in my day, we only had 150 Pokemon! 151 if we were lucky! And we were glad ta' have 'em!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Trying to wrap your head around adults who did not spend any time growing up with DOS.

c:
cd psyduck
psyduck.bat

:psyduck:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Poil posted:

Trying to wrap your head around adults who did not spend any time growing up with DOS.

c:
cd psyduck
psyduck.bat

:psyduck:

My first computer games were greenscreen monitor educational stuff like Think Quick and Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego (the first one). When we got a color DOS system (486 I think, maybe 3) we played the QBasic games hidden on there, Nibbles and Gorillas, and the older brother of the girl next door taught us some programming to make the computer ask what game we wanted to play and run it (assuming we had the disk in). The first time I saw Wulfenstien 3D, it was on the floor display of a computer store to show off the system's power and graphics.

Not slinging some e-peen around, I'm just fascinated by how much things have progressed since then. I haven't grown up in the internet age, I grew up WITH the internet age.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Yea, I can remember when PC games came in big fancy boxes (to hold all the 5 1/4 floppy's the game came on). When having VGA graphics was considered worth advertising on the box. Back when sound cards were optional equipment and games had to be configured for them.Seeing how tech can change over a 10 or twenty year period is quite amazing.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Okay, unrelated. I've had a request to make the codex images a bit larger, so that they are easier to read. I don't want to make the size of the images themselves larger, because they're already at the upper limit of the archiving size (which is 900px wide, if I recall correctly), and I don't want to resize them all back later. So, I tried to stretch the images instead.

Does this look fine to everyone? Or should I just increase the image size after all?

For comparison:

How I posted the images from the first update

How it would look at 1000px

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 3, 2016

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Alexeythegreat posted:

How I posted the images from the first update

This looks fine to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
The new size looks good to me. The text is a bit clearer, so I don't have to squint.

• Locked thread