Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
That was a nice touch to include the original game's secret in that tribute section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Loxbourne posted:

That was a nice touch to include the original game's secret in that tribute section.

There was actually one earlier room (I forget which one) where I managed to miss a secret like this :v:

Samovar posted:

Well, if those Pinkies were genetically modified, they'd probably need to have altered their demonoxyribonucleic acid!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There aren't enough Berserk power-ups in Doom 2016, and it's a shame because it looks fun as hell to use. Also, I read that the Duma nearly unanimously passed a law legalizing domestic abuse to a certain extent, so that horrific saying seems to have a lot of sway over in Russia.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

There aren't enough Berserk power-ups in Doom 2016, and it's a shame because it looks fun as hell to use. Also, I read that the Duma nearly unanimously passed a law legalizing domestic abuse to a certain extent, so that horrific saying seems to have a lot of sway over in Russia.

No, you can't partially legalize something. It's still illegal, but it's decriminalized, meaning that it's now an administrative (i.e. minor) offence. This new law, while not legalizing domestic abuse, is horrible on too many levels for me to cover off the top of my head

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

KDavisJr posted:

Having a pentagram in the spectrogram was totally intentional, and most games couldn't get away with it.

https://twitter.com/pedroazl/status/788213206531579905?lang=en

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

This reminds me, I need to get back into S&M
I'm maybe 30 minutes into the game

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Eh you're not alone, I got distracted by other games after the second island I think.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Genetically altered Pinkies?!

drat YOU GMO'S, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WON'T RUIN!?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If the specter's invisibility is psionic it probably just means they make other things think the specter is invisible, instead of bending light or whatever.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
The doom guy can only see them because of the hate he feels for the pinky-shaped void he sees.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alexeythegreat posted:

This reminds me, I need to get back into S&M

I'm maybe 30 minutes into the game

Thats

Thats an unfortunate acronym

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
actually, it's very fortunate

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also why most people call it SuMo instead.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Any ETA on an update, Alexy?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

Any ETA on an update, Alexy?

Hopefully, before the weekend. I spent most of the last week in Vienna attending an academic seminar

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

How was the city of a thousand melodies?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

Hopefully, before the weekend. I spent most of the last week in Vienna attending an academic seminar
Any theses about ripping and/or tearing?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

How was the city of a thousand melodies?

I didn't really get to see it, sadly

While those were lectures and discussions, not theses, they were on advocacy techniques (useless as they may be in the Russian courts) and I'm a litigator, so the answer to your question, in a way, is "yes" :black101:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Important question: Will we have a Russian-language video? :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Soooooooo
Are you going to work on behalf of space OSHA. Because the argent facility is just loaded with infractions of health and safety.

Problem is everyone that could enter into a class action is, uh, dead. Unless the demons want to try.

Legions of Hell v. Union Aerospace Corporation.
Taking a BFG to case law.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 21, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I heard there was a master's thesis called "Being Huge: The Correlation Between Body Size And Intestinal Size".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Also why most people call it SuMo instead.

To avoid confusion with Sam and Max, I assume.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

Important question: Will we have a Russian-language video? :colbert:

Yes

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I LIVE AGAIN

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Yeah, if the Doom Slayer really wanted "impenetrable" armor, those mentioned old Nokia phones is what it should've been made out of. I'm still using an early 2000's Nokia and aside from a slightly scratched up screen, it's still working flawlessly.

George
Nov 27, 2004

What I don't understand is why the teleporter to the yellow door was unlocked by the key to the yellow door.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

Yeah, if the Doom Slayer really wanted "impenetrable" armor, those mentioned old Nokia phones is what it should've been made out of. I'm still using an early 2000's Nokia and aside from a slightly scratched up screen, it's still working flawlessly.

I still have mine somewhere, too. I wonder if the rebooted Nokia 3310 is like that, too (probably not)

George posted:

What I don't understand is why the teleporter to the yellow door was unlocked by the key to the yellow door.

Was it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm sorry, the Cyber-Mancubus helmet makes it look really goofy.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 12, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah, the teleporter was behind a gate that you pointed out wouldn't open until you picked up the yellow key.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
The way the Hell levels recreate some of the old Doom textures is a nice touch. I think I recognised the gothic room with the four slabs, too.

Did the big spinny wheels actually do anything after you unlocked both switches? I wondered if they were going for a Hexen-style clock tower motif. Did the figures on the ceiling animate?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I've been sent by the OP god to tell you all that the thread will be updated tomorrow!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, that's good and all, but I'm still disappointed that it seems we'll never get an episode in subtitled Russian, like Alexey promised.

:v:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
THIS THREAD WILL NOT BECOME POP2008 OR VLR

Zain, many thanks. I didn't want to post myself for the post to just be a fakeout, and not an actual update.

Now you can return to work advocate, for now you know why we do this.

...so if you get the chance to be a sacrifice to one of these massive beasts, take it!

The very next update will be in Russian with English subtitles

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 13, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ah, the long awaited snow level is coming up.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh... my throat and nose are itching in sympathy upon hearing your voice, Lex. I do hope you get better soon.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Jesus, dude, just shoot it when it's charging that energy ball attack, you don't have to wait for it to fire. That's when you use the BFG on it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Will the Russian update also feature your medically mandated demon voice? Will we even be able to tell?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Get better soon, Alexey.

Also the Hellguards felt like the only monsters in the game that had... I won't say unfitting, but surprising designs. Strip away the fireballs and they'd feel like an HL1 enemy, what with the bulbous bioluminesence and biotech power armor they've got going on.

I think this was one of two places where I actually got killed. Or possibly the only one, it's starting to be a while since I played the game.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

PurpleXVI posted:

Get better soon, Alexey.

Also the Hellguards felt like the only monsters in the game that had... I won't say unfitting, but surprising designs. Strip away the fireballs and they'd feel like an HL1 enemy, what with the bulbous bioluminesence and biotech power armor they've got going on.

I think this was one of two places where I actually got killed. Or possibly the only one, it's starting to be a while since I played the game.

If anything, what irked me most about the Hellguards was the sloppy sliding animations. Which could entirely have been circumvented if the Hellguards had some sort of rolling orbs attached to their legs so they would be sliding along on something sensible than these elephantine meaty stumps for legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I didn't know this LP featured David Hayter as Solid Snake.

• Locked thread