Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Trying to wrap your head around adults who did not spend any time growing up with DOS.

c:
cd psyduck
psyduck.bat

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

White Coke posted:

I'd love if Bethesda just took inspiration from their other, much better, games like Wolfenstein: TNO, DOOM, and Dishonored. As it is the FPS mechanics in Fallout 4 are so generic that aside from being a betrayal of the original Fallout (or whatever, I haven't played 1&2) it just isn't that much fun to play. There's nothing to separate it from the rest of the pack of generic FPSs. I want to dual wield laser rifles, rip off a bandit's arm and beat him to death with it, or just be able to peek out of cover.
I've been watching Spoiler Warning's playthrough of it and the game is surprisingly bad. It's like all the bad things from Skyrim mixed up with a bunch of new poor ideas (a lot of which probably comes from Fallout 3). While I admit to not being the greatest fan of post-apocalyptic settings the game handles it so hamhandedly and lovely I'm amazed so many people actually play it. It seems almost completely devoid of anything interesting, and the incredible inconvenient green interface pipboy thing is awful in my not-so-humble opinion. At least in Skyrim you can shout at dragons together with a vampire waifu while raising dead bandits to bash in the head of racist rebels and cleaving elves. I just don't get the appeal of it. :shrug:

The shooting is so very generic yes. It would be better with some sweet Doom shooting and punching though.

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 22, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Molten lava is called that because solid lava rock is still lava. My parents' house is built on lava, and has outcroppings of it jutting up through the lawn, but nothing is on fire unless it's barbeque night.
A real barbeque is powered by molten lava. :colbert:

Last Transmission posted:

No one mentioning that the lava/molten metal death animation is a blatant terminator reference?
And it's a great reward for those who try and gently caress up a jump in this section! (the little touches)
It's also a great jab the player, saying "good job moron". But yes it did put a big smile on my face.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Qrr posted:

As with all questions, the answer to cacodemons is siege mode.
Now I just had a mental image of a cacodemon entering siege mode like a Starcraft siege tank. :downs:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Bruceski posted:

You plugged your power supply into Hell rather than paying the electric company, didn't you.
It was the best option for humanity.

• Locked thread