Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Demonic invasion in progress. Status scan halted by Windows 10 Update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

cokerpilot posted:

The fact that this is funny is kind of depressing.

I can't recall which one, but in one of the Summer Games Done Quick runs this year the runner replaced a load screen with that just to give the tech guys an aneurysm.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I wonder what are these forums going to be like when the average user age is 55-64. Will most goons even live that long?

My life's goal is to die of a heart attack by 40. It's cheaper that way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Poil posted:

Trying to wrap your head around adults who did not spend any time growing up with DOS.

c:
cd psyduck
psyduck.bat

:psyduck:

My first computer games were greenscreen monitor educational stuff like Think Quick and Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego (the first one). When we got a color DOS system (486 I think, maybe 3) we played the QBasic games hidden on there, Nibbles and Gorillas, and the older brother of the girl next door taught us some programming to make the computer ask what game we wanted to play and run it (assuming we had the disk in). The first time I saw Wulfenstien 3D, it was on the floor display of a computer store to show off the system's power and graphics.

Not slinging some e-peen around, I'm just fascinated by how much things have progressed since then. I haven't grown up in the internet age, I grew up WITH the internet age.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Yeah we fracked Hell and started a demonic invasion and all that but in our defense, it seemed like a good idea at the time."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Samovar posted:

Is it my imagination or are the glory kills slightly... underwhelming? They're nowhere near as meaty as some of the stuff I remember from RE4 or other games; the demons just don't seem to have any mass after being punched.

It's clear they favored speed over heft. The Berserker kills aren't much slower, but you can already see those easily bogging things down in normal gameplay.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Molten lava is called that because solid lava rock is still lava. My parents' house is built on lava, and has outcroppings of it jutting up through the lawn, but nothing is on fire unless it's barbeque night.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

You plugged your power supply into Hell rather than paying the electric company, didn't you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Poil posted:

It was the best option for humanity.

*punches monitor angrily*
Oh poo poo that thing's like three hundred bucks!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When my mac power supply had connection issues, cutting into the thing with a dremel was half trying to fix the problem, and half incredibly satisfying.

Naturally it turned out the problem was the cable, not the box, and my solder-and-electrical-tape fix had a habit of getting uncomfortably hot, but it was still satisfying.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So basically you stopped them from fracking Hell, so now she's trying to enact Project Oilsand.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Magni posted:

They were fracking hell, successfully. Until Olivia got the great idea of setting the well on fire, because she's developed pyromania somewhere along the line. Then Doomguy blew it out. And now she's trying to set the leaking remains on fire again.

I know, but how often does one get to reference the plan to nuke Canada and hope oil comes out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

bman in 2288 posted:

Actually, that's only gravitational potential energy. There are other versions of potential energy out there, such as elastic potential energy, chemical potential energy, nuclear potential energy, or mechanical potential energy. It's important to note that giving something potential energy means feeding energy into that particular system. There are more ways to do this than just lifting that particular system higher.

But the gist of what you're saying seems right. The employees are being set up to get farmed.

Maybe the employees are a source of soular power.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

But there's no such thing as a fish.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

And Gallagher's take on the issue.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wa11y posted:

I'm pretty sure that bit was exactly where I got most of my hate for the English language. I remember seeing that bit way back in the day when I was a youngster, and that "gud fud/goood foood" bit has been my go to example forever.

My hatred came from growing up in America with an English father so I was "bilingual". Kept getting marked off on spelling tests for putting u in armour and such.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I just assume anyone speaking a language I don';t know is talking poo poo about me. Works out pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

White Coke posted:

What's the Russian equivalent of "gosh darn it to heck"?

From what I've read of depressing Russian literature? "Hello."

• Locked thread