Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The glorykills really start making a lot of sense once you get the means to do them from across the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
When in hell, the End Of Fight riff might sound familiar to old Doom fans. It's a chorus version of Doom's e1m8 song, sign of evil.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

TheDarkFlame posted:

Do you reckon they added that "save your ammunition" line when they first built this scene, or did they add it in response to playtesters? Because I can't imagine anyone playing any amount of this game, listening to that voice demanding the Doom Guy care about Hell being his source of energy, and not immediately shooting that robot in its face the first time they see it.

Might seem like an odd question, but I always think about stuff that seems like a reaction to player antics and actions.

I think they knew it from the start. All past NPC interaction scenes were behind indestructible Plot Glass™ so they knew that they were dealing with a player that has no meaningful interaction with the world short of shooting at it. That scene is literally the only scene in the game that I can think of where the player has immediate access to the NPC. If anything, they probably started with him behind glass too until they felt that it contributed too much at making him look like the bad guy.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
After a lengthy trip report I can also confirm that Prey is real good y'all

• Locked thread