Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Klaus88 posted:

Also, no centered weapons. Voted one, bad LP.

Jesus, how did I not notice that was an option? :psyduck:

Welp, time to play through this game again, even though I just finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

I'd like to take a second and point out that the Chaingun weighs 45 goddamned kg (99 lbs). Like, I know that Doomguy is wearing power armor, but it's still impressive that he can run and jump around while shooting that thing (also, I like the detail that we first find it mounted on a tripod). And, as we'll see later, it's going to get a shitload bigger with weapon mods.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Magni posted:

The otehr figures are fun, too. That chamber pressure is about 4 times as high as the one produced by .50BMG cartridges. 5000 ft/s muzzle velocity is only ~60-70% higher than .50BMG, so those slugs must be somewhere around 2.5 times the mass of a .50BMG. ombiend with the velocity, it's about comparable to current-day 20mm autocannon shells in terms of kinetic energy.

The codex says the it uses 15mm rounds. Still though, that's pretty crazy.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
One thing I like about this part is when the Cyberdemon grabs Doomguy and tosses him into the room. In any other FPS you'd get chucked into the far wall and slowly get up, but Doomguy's so good that he lands on his feet.

• Locked thread