Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I want to play this game but I lack a good PC to work with, so I'll have to default to my PS4. Anyone can tell me about that version's quirks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Apep727 posted:

I'm not asking for a time-stamp or anything, just confirmation of whether or not face-punching will occur. Because I'm sure we all want it to happen, but don't want to get face-punching blue-balls.

I understand completely.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

ThaGhettoJew posted:

That reminds me. The best thing about that "potential energy" line from the corporate hologram is that in physics the potential energy of an object comes from the height it is from the ground (distance from its gravity source, whatever). Or more melodramatically: you get the energy out of it when it catastrophically plunges to the floor. It's a good metaphor for your UAC Mars employment arc.

Actually, that's only gravitational potential energy. There are other versions of potential energy out there, such as elastic potential energy, chemical potential energy, nuclear potential energy, or mechanical potential energy. It's important to note that giving something potential energy means feeding energy into that particular system. There are more ways to do this than just lifting that particular system higher.

But the gist of what you're saying seems right. The employees are being set up to get farmed.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Maybe the employees are a source of soular power.

Okay, you earned that one.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Alexeythegreat posted:

...and then you realize that [wink]the one thing he did right, he did RIGHT[/wink]

I don't get it. Are you talking about Doomguy killing a shitton of demons? Seems alright to me so far.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Looks like you're gonna have to do some more ripping and tearing.

Scream was really nice. Had to pause the video and lower my speakers, but it was satisfactory.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Alexeythegreat posted:

Fuuuuck, I went through great pains specifically to make sure that there wouldn't be a spike in volume
I have failed :(

No, you misunderstand. Do not lower the volume. Otherwise, it will no longer be satisfactory.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Slaan posted:

Excellent RIP AND TEAR 9/10 would be RIPPED AND/OR TORED again

See. Alexey? Perfectly cromulent Ripping and Tearing.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lynx posted:

One thing I like about this part is when the Cyberdemon grabs Doomguy and tosses him into the room. In any other FPS you'd get chucked into the far wall and slowly get up, but Doomguy's so good that he lands on his feet.

Oh, yeah, that was pretty baller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

inscrutable horse posted:

By the way, going all :goonsay: - about 13 minutes you mention the Sun's surface temperature being 5800 K = 5,8 mega Kelvin, but unless my maths education was severely deficient, 5,8 mega Kelvin would be 5.800.000 K

You are correct. I can verify this because I was educated and trained in physics-based physics.

• Locked thread