Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Dark Messiah did melee perfectly right, and a lot of other things, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Good / Food / Blood / Flood.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Doctor Cockburn took a look at my cock burn and fixed my plumbing problem with a plume. (A sad story, how I ended up there.)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

I thought you were just from like... Brooklyn or something? They speak funny on the East coast.

They may be commies on the coasts but not that much.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I watched come and see.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The corona of the sun is obscenely hot, around a million kelvin sounds about right for that.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

inscrutable horse posted:

That's one of the things that's always fascinated me about the sun; how the "surface" is so much cooler than the corona.

Ionized gases in obscenely powerful magnetic fields are pretty fascinating. Also dangerous.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

Why the distinction?

Probably because it's unwieldy, in French there isn't really a fast way of saying railgun that isn't, well, "railgun". You can say it's an electrical gun or an electrical gun using the Lorentz force or an electrical gun using the Laplace force because you you've simplified out all the little annoying Lorentz forces out but it's not as fast so railgun it is.

You can say "cannon à rail" but that just sounds really stupid. Also possible confusion with a railway gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Zain posted:

It sounds stupid but it's the best kind of stupid. I haven't stopped laughing at this for a good 5 minutes.

I imagine that if the Doomguy could haul around a railway mounted cannon, he definitely would.

• Locked thread