Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The option for centered weapons was just added a couple of weeks ago, so it might not have been there when you played through the game.

And yes, it is the correct way to play DOOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Speaking of the Possessed, I'm not really a huge fan of their design. Sure, the basic ones look pretty creepy with the big hole where the face should be, but as far as cannon fodder enemies go I very much prefer the original zombiemen from the old games. I also miss how the zombiemen and other former humans had proper guns instead of these things that shoot a bunch of red light orbs. The possessed soldiers just look like some generic sci-fi shooter enemies.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

Counterpoint: hitscan is annoying.
Bah! Back in my day we had to fight a million shotgun guys and heavy weapon dudes with hitscan weapons and we liked it, dammit! :corsair:

Seriously though, not having hitscan enemies is good, even if I don't care for some of the visual design.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Digital Foundry is always a good bet if you need to find out how a game runs on your platform of choice. I posted their Doom analysis here but that has too many spoilers so just look it up on youtube, but the gist is that the game runs well and looks good on consoles.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 11, 2016

• Locked thread