Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Kurieg posted:

I do love the characterization of the Doomguy in this. He's violent and pragmatic but he does have a few humanizing moments. He just has absolutely no patience for any of Sam's poo poo.
He's also surprisingly expressive despite being a silent protagonist.

I got this game during the latest Steam sale and I am absolutely loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Only in the lovely Multiplayer and Snapmap (and Snapmap's limit is getting removed in the near future in a patch). Otherwise no, you can switch between an arsenal of guns freely, no two weapon bullshit.
To add to that, the multiplayer is a basically a Halo knockoff mixed with some CoD class-making elements made by a third party.
The singleplayer however is pure iD Software so you can carry all of the guns, though as shown in the video they did add the more modern element of weapon upgrading and alternate fire modes (speaking of, Explosive Shot owns :colbert: ).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The Glorykills mechanic deserves a lot of praise: the animations are quick and brutal, maintaining the flow of the game,while the split-moment of invincibility can help quckly assessing how to react immediately afterwards and turning enemies into health/armor dispensers also contributes in keeping up the action.
The only two other recent games that I can think of have a similar mechanic are Revengeance where it added an extra thin layer of skill but worked similarly and Relic's Space Marine, though only superficially there.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
As the thread said and Alexey has shown so far, that is the worst combat challenge in the game since unlike getting neck-breakers or jump-kills, triggering the leg sweep glory kill is way too finicky to pull off reliably especially given the limited number of hell razers in the entire level.
The rune challenge, though, I didn't find it too bad though not giving the super shotgun fast reload was pretty mean of the developers. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Samovar posted:

Wow. That Chaingun sucks. It's got WAY too slow a rate of fire!
Hopefully Alexey will pick the Mobile Turret upgrade for it: that alt-fire mod turns the chaingun from an assault rifle side-grade to one of the most powerful and satisfying guns in the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Speaking of the minigun with turret mode, chewing through ammo as fast as it does is a feature rather than a downside since it gives you a weapon that kills fast using bullets in a way that is similar to the railgun alt modes. :v:
Of course once you get a couple of the later runes and master it you can literally fire it non-stop, showering demons in a turrent of lead. :black101:

• Locked thread