Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Oh! Hey. Almost missed this thread. Glad the username caught my eye.

I'm not a terribly huge fan of FPSes (mainly because I'm not very good at them), but this certainly looks interesting at least. I'm sure I might wind up buying it during a Steam sale for posterity, at some point, as I have many other games.

In the meantime, this should be a fun watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Word of advice, the game is optimized like garbage for lower end system. My old hunk of junk runs a GTX 560 and the game couldn't even load the title screen. What I get for actually buying games. :v:

Thanks for the heads up; I think I should be fine. I'm running a 970, an i5 and 16 gigs of RAM.

First the Doom pun, now this. You are such a dork, Alexey.

(P.S. don't ever stop being a dork; we love it.)

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Re: lava... regardless of if it is correct or redundant to refer to liquid volcanic rock as 'molten lava,' you are in a foundry--the hot stuff in there is indeed molten metal, not lava.

Love the intermission, on a related note.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iceclaw posted:

As an aside, this game is about 60% off on steam. Massacring demons has never been so tempting.

Seconding that, though at this point I've got such a huge backlog I could never purchase a video game again and probably still have something new to play for a considerable chunk of my lifespan.

I find it oddly hilarious how enemies just explode into a pile of ammo when you cut them apart with the chainsaw...

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I vote one episode in Russian because it's a good joke, but might drag on too long/be too much work to do it for both.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Willie Tomg posted:

These are some S-Tier orthodox church burns right here in this update, wowzers!!!

The one at 13:00 had me loling pretty hard.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What does Commander Keen have to do with the BFG 9000...? Oh well.

There's an alternate scenario for you. Commander Keen takes on the legions of Hell.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

my dad posted:

Keen's gun and OG Doom's BFG have the same looking projectile.

Also, there's sort of a unofficial/semi-official story idea that the OG Wolfenstein guy, OG Doomguy, and Keen are related.

Commander Keen takes on the Nazi legions of Hell.

Don't tell me you wouldn't play it. I know I would.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Is it still a 2D platformer?

Yes, if only because it's easier to drive a pogo stick into enemies' skulls in a 2D platformer.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Man, Alexey, you sound... like Hell. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
God, that is stupid. And why would they delete the PUBLIC version instead of the unlisted one?

How the hell do LPs get away with uploading two different versions of the same video for cut and uncut commentary, now that I think about it?

• Locked thread