Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Alexeythegreat posted:

The game does have lore. Although it wants you to think that the story is not the focus, the 2016 incarnation of the Doomguy is the most fleshed out character out of all the Doomguys, and the story is just half-assed and entertaining enough to hold the game together. It is also better (much better) than the Doom 3 story, hilariously. So, that is also subject to discussion in the thread.

I do love the characterization of the Doomguy in this. He's violent and pragmatic but he does have a few humanizing moments. He just has absolutely no patience for any of Sam's poo poo.

Samovar posted:

drat you've got some speed in this game.

The default movement speed is a run, you can press a button to walk. That said I do think he's got his FOV turned up pretty high so there's some fisheye going on that makes it look like he's moving faster than he is.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

I don't think they explain it any further than what we already know: it's a wave of demonic energy that kills most people and transforms some of them. I stopped reading the codex entries halfway through the game, so I could be wrong :v:

Well.. Sort of, It's more that it was designed to work that way because Olivia. I'm pretty sure her own secret hell-lab is called Lazarus Labs. That said the later codex entries are pretty great, as they go into the inner workings of exactly how UAC functions and how it treats it's employees.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 12, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The plasma gun is fine, and the heat vent is a nice secondary. Unfortunately it shares it's ammo pool with another weapon.

SIEGE MODE

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

Here's a question: At first, Hayden had to contact the Doom Marine through computer screens and such. At what exact point did he get the standard patch-through to a helmet radio? I don't even remember!

Around the time VEGA hacked your suit to start giving you combat objectives.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alternately he's an egotistical Jerkass and seeks to maximize your annoyance in his every encounter.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

There are separate drops for each ammo type

Some guns share ammo types, however.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

There were probably better choices.

There are. Rich Get Richer and the one that gives Armor on Glory Kills. Then Siege Mode.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

One thing that's good about siege mode, the energy field around it does damage independent of the bolt, a direct hit on a pinkie with siege mode won't kill it because the bolt dissipates, but a near miss will because you shred him with the field across the entire length of travel and the field ignores armor hit locations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

I don't know, I just assumed that since there are three of them, and nobody liked the multiplayer, there had to be some single player content :v:

There isn't, and there isn't going to be, all three of them are multiplayer packs.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

KDavisJr posted:

Having a pentagram in the spectrogram was totally intentional, and most games couldn't get away with it.

https://twitter.com/pedroazl/status/788213206531579905?lang=en

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Eh you're not alone, I got distracted by other games after the second island I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also why most people call it SuMo instead.

• Locked thread