Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Samovar posted:

drat you've got some speed in this game.
There aren't a whole lot of LPs / gameplay videos in general that I'll just happily leave on 1x playback speed just for the pace of the gameplay itself. This is one of those few. It's nice.

Sure, the high FOV does contribute a bit to the effect, but I think the playstyle accounts for even more. Even with pistol presniping, automap checking, and postfight scrounging, I feel no need to reach for the video controls at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

My inner beast is a cacotoo that was accidentally exposed to pew pew pew a single time, and has been driving everyone nearby mad ever since.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

http://i.imgur.com/BxptWyf.gifv

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Perhaps he is Doom Comic Guy, and the primary unspoken feature of the armor is to muffle the endless torrent of inane one-liners issuing forth from his mouth.

Or perhaps he is Doom Novel Guy, and the helmet subtly and continuously sprays him in the face with a mist of lemon scent to keep him permanently enraged.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Bascule posted:

Woak up. Got dresd. Had brekfast. Spoke wif Ergates thi ant who sed itz juss been wurk wurk wurk 4 u lately master Bascule, Y dont u ½ a holiday? & I agreed & that woz how we decided we otter go 2 c Mr Zoliparia in thi I-ball ov thi gargoyle Rosbrith.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Blarghalt posted:

Looking at the cover art for this game, I never really noticed before how you can just barely make out the Doom Marine's face inside his helmet.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Slaan posted:

Russian is such a fun language to listen to. Especially when paired with RIP AND TEAR :black101:
Watch on double speed, it's even better!

Zain posted:

Holy poo poo! Vega sounds so concerned about basically his death but has to go with it.
DOOM 2016 is a game about the transformative power of robot friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Alexeythegreat posted:

2) Real-life railguns have a Russian word for them, but video game railguns are always just called railguns
Why the distinction?

• Locked thread