Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

You know what I miss? The spiral trails from railgun shots. Who did the soundtrack for this game, by the way? It seems like a nice middle ground between quake 2-style metal, quake 1 reznory industrial ambient, with a but of glitchy bassy electronic thrown in for good measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh man, I agree, chainguns with low rates of fire just feel so wrong. Please tell me the upgrade for it turns it into the quake 2 chaingun, i.e. fires so goddamn fast it's like a full auto shotgun and empties your entire stock of bullets in about 5 seconds of continuous fire.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

So this is actually making me curious about the plot - if our guy is an ancient sword-wielding doomslayer man, where'd he get the power armour from? Evidently significantly before it was a thing on Earth?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

What a fun game, thanks Alexey.

...but now for some nitpicky criticisms: was I the only one who found the weapon sounds a bit weak? Granted I'm not listening on decent speakers, but The pistol, plasma gun and BFG seemed to be almost silent. The gauss cannon also sounds like it's a bit muffled, but maybe I'm too used to the harsh crack at the start of the quake 2 railgun sound. Similarly, there seemed to be surprisingly little sound or feeling of impact on a few of the glory kills too, namely the ones where you just punch a demon hard enough to make it explode.

• Locked thread