Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
There's always that moment when someone has a '97 username and my first instinct is to think "Get the gently caress out, you're like 12" and then I realise that no, no they're not. Or seeing CVs at work, where people applying for a job were actually born in this millennium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

There was probably some publisher mandate that this had to happen. It's not an open world, it's not got a hamfisted morality choice system, there aren't territories to uncover and control, there isn't an economy system or any method of microtransactions, there's just a lot of guns and things to brutally kill. And a lot of collectibles, so at least that box is ticked already.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

White Coke posted:

So your lp curse is to be incoherent instead of sucking terribly when the game is recording. Seems you won the lp lottery.

Some people are entirely coherent, and mostly competent, and knowledgeable and all that good stuff. And then their computers keep catching fire and their hard drives need to be exorcised every full moon.

Keep speaking incorrect English. It's entirely fine to do so, and the alternatives are definitely worse.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Do you reckon they added that "save your ammunition" line when they first built this scene, or did they add it in response to playtesters? Because I can't imagine anyone playing any amount of this game, listening to that voice demanding the Doom Guy care about Hell being his source of energy, and not immediately shooting that robot in its face the first time they see it.

Might seem like an odd question, but I always think about stuff that seems like a reaction to player antics and actions.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

No, no, you're missing the forest for the trees; The organisation as a whole is only a corporation using the very energies of Hell itself to produce, invent and research. The deeper we get into the UAC complex, the more overt references to powers of Hell and demon incursions creep in among the standard recordings of filing paperwork, meeting targets and avoiding horrible death. By the time we get to the room with the decorated employees, I think we're past the point where you might be sceptical, you probably have to be inducted into the cult to earn one of those awards anyway. And I assume we're heading to what would be the upper echelons of the Cult now (there's probably not much left bar Olivia), I hope there's some suitably satisfying hallowed ground or Church Of Hell we can stop by on our way.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You said that there wasn't much interesting here. I kind of disagree: It's an interesting note that, despite Hayden being her biggest backer and giving her the opportunity to work in absolute freedom with god knows how many resources, she refused to work for him. Only once he sends her some cursed relic of hell that drives her obsession does she do as he asks.

Yet another thing about this that is Hayden's fault.

Also, that hologram of the sacrifice: Nice detail that the sacrifice is shown clearly trying to breathe after the first two stabs. Poor dude, they didn't even finish him properly.

Alexeythegreat posted:

I know! I was jumping all the time in my off-camera run, but here, for some reason, I don't. I have the entire campaign recorded and there's no jumping in the Classic maps because reasons, but I'll endeavor to spend more time in the air in the DLCs (which I haven't even bought yet, let alone recorded)

...There's single player DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

It's not truly ripping and tearing until you scream so hard you eject your vocal cords. There's a good reason Doomguy only communicates by breaking things.

• Locked thread