Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

ManxomeBromide posted:

The thing I find weird here is that the outer circle cultists might well have been right. They'd been talking about refining Hell Energy into clean, efficient Argent Energy, but Hell Energy is itself a corruption of the power source of Argent D'Nur. The Helix Stone led us to the Crucible, so if it has an agenda, it has no love for Hell—it's quite possible UAC really was literally refining the Hell out of it and getting Argent D'Nur's power back for their own use.

And while there is zero evidence of this in the text, as well, I like to think that it was the Betrayer of Argent D'Nur who hooked Doomguy up with the Argent absorbers on his suit. As a Night Sentinel, he'd know how, and does Hell really think that "the wages of treachery is suffering" applies only to others?

In fact, this is also my opinion. The Praetor Suit has been built and given to the DoomSlayer by someone indicated in the Testament as "the wretch who shall not be named", someone cleary expert with Argenty technology/magic and with a serious score to settle with the forces of hell.

By the way, thank you for the LP, Alexey!

Guy Fawkes fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread