Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Is there a setting on the game that keeps the body parts around instead of teleporting into the nether? I feel this might be more satisfying surveying your artwork after an encounter...

Also on the soundtrack - the same guy did Wolfenstein - which also is a fantastic soundtrack (and you can listen on Spotify). Doom one is now out in the UK as of 28th September!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

If you haven't watched the documentary on this, I'd highly recommend it - really enjoyed the thing and couldn't help but get excited for the game again after watching:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-THgg8QnvU4TMnDoFcI-vtJKwP2oLgyH

I can't remember if it was linked in here or in Temins thread, but there you go!

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

I can't help but every time I hear Samuels speak, I hear the NOD Tiberian Sun HUD voice.

"Unit ready"
"Building..."

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

This was good fun - I've been travelling for the last two years and haven't been able to play any of these awesome games. I've had to get my fix via LPs.

The guardian Knights thing feels to me that it kinda connects the DOOM and Quake universe - maybe too obvious? but I do like the speculation and stories not really explaining everything - Hugo kinda goes over that on the NoClip documentary a bit about it all being a bit secondary but leaving enough breadcrumbs to let people make up their own minds.

Looking forward to the extra content :)

• Locked thread