Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

PurpleXVI posted:

Get better soon, Alexey.

Also the Hellguards felt like the only monsters in the game that had... I won't say unfitting, but surprising designs. Strip away the fireballs and they'd feel like an HL1 enemy, what with the bulbous bioluminesence and biotech power armor they've got going on.

I think this was one of two places where I actually got killed. Or possibly the only one, it's starting to be a while since I played the game.

If anything, what irked me most about the Hellguards was the sloppy sliding animations. Which could entirely have been circumvented if the Hellguards had some sort of rolling orbs attached to their legs so they would be sliding along on something sensible than these elephantine meaty stumps for legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I'm still a little leery about how VEGA's entire personality and capacity for reasoning is backed up into a futuristic USB stick, considering he needed this entire absolute-zero coolant facility for everything else.

Still. That little touch was sorely missed from the animations so far. We've gone a long way without angry emoting and a grunt barely restraining his sheer hatred for anything enabling this hellscape.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

ManxomeBromide posted:

I like how you accidentally set off the third cooling coil early by nailing it with Siege Mode's shockwave blast.

As for taking that room slow, and it occasionally glitching out and locking you in forever... the AGDQ 2017 speedrun of DOOM suggested that there was some kind of spawn cap. They spend most of the run out of bounds but would occasionally take random enemies out "to make sure we get the spawns we need later". I wonder if blowing up all four right at the start overloads it somehow.

I... doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8SyOhqk1I

• Locked thread