Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Fallout 4 put a shockingly low amount of effort into every single aspect of its production that wasn't "make a vaguely okay FPS that looks decent." In that sense, DOOM is a very natural outgrowth. DOOM's disdain for narrative makes it--and I actually believe this btw--the best story Bethesda has ever written as a studio.

"We're pretty busy here, so if you could build us a place to live and grow us some food it would be nice" what the gently caress are you doing RIGHT NOW that's more important than food and shelter. what are you doing other than occupying physical space right now, and why should I do it for you? is hammering on that air vent that hasn't worked for a century more important than finding something to eat tonight? WHY?!?!

Like, alright guys if you don't want to make a Fallout game then don't. Make your own thing. People buy original things, still. hosed up to say, especially in a thread about DOOM, but I have no reason to lie to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
You are much better at this game than me but I would not be doing my job as some random rear end in a top hat on the internet if I didn't tell you that a carefully placed jump and rocket (as distinct from rocket jump) from that rocket launcher you rarely use turns Your Worst Enemy into a baby-backed chump.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Uncompressed 4k textures, VO and localization files you can't take out are rapidly making 60GB installs The New Normal

The texture upgrades in the remastered versions of Deus Ex Human Revolution and Shadows of Mordor both almost double the installs to 30+gigs iirc

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
These are some S-Tier orthodox church burns right here in this update, wowzers!!!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
They don't call it "orthodox" because of how well its adapted with the times for the last 1500 years or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

Yeah, the VEGA battles were tougher and tenser, which was a bit of a shame. But these are still pretty good.

Pacing-wise its kind of the palate cleanser/victory lap before the finale so it kinda makes sense even if, obviously, cool and tense things are preferable to things that merely serve to keep the player at a simmer for a minute.

• Locked thread