Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The whole war started because someone let Abbot talk, didn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

That also folded into the meme about her being the one who chops of the limbs for Mec-ing.

She's just revealing their True Flesh.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Humans are actually the villains. The aliens are space-UN peacekeepers trying to keep a lid on these psychopaths.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Those sectoids had made some sick gains in their downtime since XCOM1.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it possible to dress a sharpshooter up as a cowboy?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tylana posted:

For better of worse IIRC Sectoids have a 'hidden' weakness to sword attacks?

It's actually all just Synthol and bad things happen to them if you break the skin.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm afraid your sniper cannot see the pectoid's Stand.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Gorilla tactics school upgrade 1: Silverback.

If the aliens can genetically engineer pectoids and snekwomen then there's no reason we shouldn't genetically engineer killer apes.
They should get the MEK's punch ability.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jade Star posted:

That's certainly interesting and would cause me to re-evaluate shadow strike. Though that screenshot also says the soldier has AIDS, and that a rape squad is incoming so uh...

The slab strikes again.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

zyxophoj posted:

So, why do rusty obsolete MECs have more armour than the latest technology?

Budget cuts at ADVENT. You think AVATAR pays for itself?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do you get to keep deploying Shen in future missions?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sparks seem very similar to Grenadiers. What are their relative advantages?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Please stop saying 'codexes'.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TheDarkFlame posted:

One of the things the XCom games like to do with alien tech and powers is show that humans can be so much better than the aliens at that poo poo. Make better plasma cannons, use better psyonic powers, build better automatons... Short of a full-on jetpack and an actual Hulk soldier, anything the aliens can bring humanity will defeat, steal, break down, rebuild and improve upon.

I kinda like the way Xenonauts did it. The alien's plasma weapons are excellent... but they're really designed for use in vacuum. Using the lessons in power density, heat dissipation etc that they learnt from the plasma weapons human engineers are able to build gauss weapons that are better than plasma weapons for what we want to use them for.
Similarly, the UFOs are being retrofitted and used outside their design parameters. Endgame human craft are purpose-built for dogfighting in atmosphere, so they're better at it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Olesh posted:

your bridges need to be able to support the weight, after all.

Can you space out the loaded wagons so the front of the train is off the bridge by the time the back of the train is on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

I'm pretty sure missing arm syndrome (MAS) is due to a cosmetic mod that makes the arms "invisible" so it can replace it with something else as part of other armor.

Huh. I though Valen had come back in an episode I missed and started with the MEC conversions.

• Locked thread