Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Another soldier for the grinder. Don't worry, I didn't basically tell you to get hosed in 300 words this time. You deserve a break for finishing the last LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Jade Star posted:

I can easily subscribe to that in the workshop.

To Those of you giving me Bin files; Stop giving yourselves nicnames. The thread will be giving you nicnames.

Except you Veloxyll, Nap Tiiiiime!

Your character pool must look incredibly bizarre by now.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Jade Star posted:

Dont worry about it if you already submitted it. I too ran into the problem of not being able to delete a nickname entry. I hadn't considered you were exporting a premade soldier that had already been ranked up through gameplay and thus already had a nickname.

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

That sounds about accurate.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Aces High posted:

Well I was thinking either Intense or Twitchy, which one is more appropriate for a "could snap and go Joker at any minute"? Because that's what I was building the character based off. If Twitchy works than keep it but if one of the other personalities is better suited for that then feel free to change it :)

Twitchy in this game tends to be more 'oh god oh god im gonna die THERES A MUTON IN THE BUSH' sort. If I recall correctly getting shaken automatically switches the attitude to tiwtchy.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Jade Star posted:

:siren: Okay I'm now well over 100 sign ups received. I'm not closing sign ups, but I'm going to ask that if you haven't submitted by now, please hold off on it until I post the first video just so I can clear out my inbox of sign ups and get started on the LP proper. :siren:

e: 74 applications in and someone submits the first haiku to me! Someone knows how to get in the thread! :D

The world surrendered,
Time to fight back, Commander.
Cause no one else will.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

I haven't had any problems with the Toolbox installed and a ridiculous number of non-LW mods. :confused:

GodDAMN i still mouse over your emotes.

also according to steam we're in a recording session. Shhhh.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Jade Star posted:

Stop paying attention to my logging in and out of steam friends to determine when I am recording. (A habit i picked up cause Guava steam bombed me in Borderlands)

But yeah, 4 videos worth recorded, LP Underway!

I'm not doing a play by play, relax.

Either way, looking forward to the casualty list.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 14, 2016

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

On the topic of hacking, guava mentioned there's few ways to increase your hacking score, I do recall a mod that gives you a (small) permanent boost to your hacking score for every hack you make. Like, +3 for a successful hack, and +1 for a failed. It's not a huge thing, but nice.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Just for non game breaking quality of life mods, you may consider this one.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621358553&searchtext= (Mild mission spoilers for those concerned, fair warning.)

I had another but apparently the recent patch apparently broke it, so... :(

Also: I forget where I heard that, but someone mentioned that the long war mod is supposedly a simulation designed by some particularly sadistic rear end in a top hat to run your wargaming brain on.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Speaking of zombies, there's a sort of game breaking mod that gives an extra psi class that raises psi zombies and poo poo. But they also have broken 'do damage and set everyone on loving fire in a grenade launcher radius.'

Wee bit overpowered

• Locked thread