Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Hey Jade, would it be useful to you if I exported a character and sent his file along as an attachment, instead of a description? I know exactly who I want to send you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

OK, sent my guy in.

Don't know what other mods you're planning, but I'm a fan of Lifetime Stats. It's a cute bit of additional info without changing any gameplay.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Jade Star posted:

To Those of you giving me Bin files; Stop giving yourselves nicnames. The thread will be giving you nicnames.

I tried but the character already existed and the game won't let you remove nicks from those who already have it. :(
I'll recreate the character from scratch without a nick... tomorrow. If I don't, just take him off the list.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

After a while not playing the game and missing out on the DLC thus far, I just tried the tower for the first time since there was nothing left to do on the map.

(edit: oops no spoiler policy, removed for safety's sake until after it's in a video)

geri_khan fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 31, 2016

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

OK so me, I'm a dumbass who came here for the first time with...

5 guys (one a rookie)
Ballistics
Basic armour
No Ranger
No Medkits
No means to shred armour beyond the very limited explosives I had, which were pretty much all used up before I got to the SPARK.
On Commander Ironman.

... miraculously nobody died until I got after the point Jade left us at. But I did get through... with no grenades remaining, and most importantly, the SPARK at only 2HP since I'd let him tank a lot of damage trying to get to the elevators.

Thanks to that last bit of info, I can confirm that if the spark dies the mission restarts... from the last checkpoint. With my spark stuck at 2HP. I tried for four hours to get past the next bit, which I will not spoil beyond garbled screaming. I did not succeed. RIP that Ironman game. I'm a dumbass.

• Locked thread