Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

is there a database online that has all of the stock faces and poo poo? Cuz I don't have the game but would rather pretty up my soldier instead of just send in blandy mcblandface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

well if this is supposed to be more blood thirsty and more in line with UFO Defense maybe I might get a chance to make a more dressed up entry but for now what I sent should be more than enough :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Jade Star posted:

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.

Well I was thinking either Intense or Twitchy, which one is more appropriate for a "could snap and go Joker at any minute"? Because that's what I was building the character based off. If Twitchy works than keep it but if one of the other personalities is better suited for that then feel free to change it :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

hmm, so I guess Intense would be more what I was looking for

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

are we still stuck with only 4 squadmates, upgradeable to 6? It will never be like original XCOM until we can fill the Skyranger with a full platoon again :colbert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

what's with the haikus? Is it something I missed from the previous XCOM?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

were people really "upset" that we were doing 24-style interrogations so that we could get Plasma credits? I'm pretty sure Vahlen is doing exactly what they were doing in the original XCOM, it's just that now we have the technology for voice acting.

I don't know about you but I'm willing to suspend some ethics if it means I have a chance of not being destroyed whenever a Berserker or a Chrysalid gets within touching distance

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I eagerly await my soldier's appearance now, just because I'm curious how Jade will pronounce her name :allears:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I was kinda hoping Siobhan would end up being a Ranger, but being a Grenadier suits her just fine. And yes she is everything I hoped she would be, with all the spikes and the face paint :allears:

Also everyone else covered the pronunciation, but she's a Scot so it's spelt the Gaelic way. Maybe next I'll make a Hamish to accompany her :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

out of curiosity when it comes to soldiers in a pool will they always turn out with the same stats/roles/etc?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

tlarn posted:

Here, I got a couple

Jerry.

I'm kinda bummed out that this wasn't this Jerry Smith

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

man I just bought this because of this LP (and because I had a GMG coupon and it was one sale, bonus) but I have to say that the base management feels really strange in comparison to EW, almost like I'm going to have to
"lose" once to really get a handle on the game. Kinda like UFO Defense :v: it's ok if you lose your first time through

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

what's Hard Gay?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Zomborgon posted:

Triple the views, easier to find where I left off when I fall asleep partway.

(I use LP as a sleeping aid; don't worry, Jade, you're not boring)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches LPs when going to sleep (usually it's games I've played before but these days anything goes)

Also either option works (any of the three options at this point)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Shredder feels appropriately Mad Max. That was what I was trying to go with when I wrote her up :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

that sounds like a character name out of an Asterix book

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The Redblacks is my favorite sports team name ever. "Hey uhhh what do we name ourselves I've got no good ideas" "Hmmm, well what are our team colors" "YOU'RE A GENIUS"

hey if New Zealand can be All Blacks then we can have Redblacks dammit :colbert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

there's plenty of that already in SA though, people talk poo poo about anime outside of ADTRW, people talk poo poo about firearms people outside of TFR, people talk poo poo about LPers and watchers outside of Let's Play.

People who don't like Prequel make everyone else know about it, etc.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

But then the video might just get flagged for something completely different. Like the sound of the wind. Of course some corporate prick claims they own the rights to it. That happened in the EW LP,from what I remember.

definitely led to a very special episode though

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Soooooooooo what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Guiness13 posted:

Clearly needs to be "Hemingway"