Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Scribbleykins posted:

N-thing Angry "Red" Lobster. Suggesting Alessandra "Bloody" Margottini because that makes her name sound like a drink, and I can't unhear Chris "Can't Kiss" Gasmask.

This man knows where it's at. I'm voting with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

GuavaMoment posted:

Also I suggest Eph "Phenolphthalein" Phatha. Too long? Don't care. Epitaph is great too.

For the love of god, this. If Jade knows how to pronounce this from the get-go I will be very disappointed.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
In fairness, 'Eph Phatha' is also spelt like I presume it sounds.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Man, I still think RunninWild should be good enough for anybody!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
It looks like Hulk Hogan is well on his way to becoming this thread's Nittien. God drat.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
JAIDS-bait. Better Julian than the recording computer, right?

(what we really need is a mod to replace his head with the 'it burns when I LP' monitor)

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

HolyDukeNukem posted:

I kinda wish we had a character named Erich Rhoemer that whenever he attacked the klezmer music would start playing.

wh...what?

What is this apropos of? And why klezmer music?!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Oh man, this is the kind of :xcom: bullshit I was hoping for! This is the kind of mission that really makes you feel like you're a resistance movement against an overwhelmingly larger enemy force - Jade's team was outnumbered, outgunned, got blindsided by a bonus Cartman-snake-king, and once they grabbed their target, enemy reinforcements drop in between them and the evac point. (Guava's disgust at the usefulness of Bulwark's free armour is a cherry on that particular cake.) Bonus points for bringing it down to the wire. I look forward to whatever terrible plans Tygon comes up with from the Viper King autopsy. (And why wouldn't you want to mod a soldier up with the Viper King's bullshit? Remember, mad science means never having to say you're sorry. Or at least never saying you're sorry. I forget which.)

Also, I'm putting my (no) money on Jade not getting the next video out before Christmas.

vdate fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 18, 2016

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Canuck-Errant posted:

Duke "Forever" Nukem.

Right and proper.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
As much fun as it was to see him RULES OF NATURE-ing things, I feel like we need a scout. Whether Talow's the man for the job or not remains to be seen.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

I vote you recruit Eating Only Apples because you need a grenadier with really huge glasses. Surely nothing can go wrong wearing glasses on a battlefield when you're running around and bumping into things and blowing things up.

Also goddamn that Nat 20.

Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium, continues to do the impossible.

Also, he needs to be 'Ciaphas 'BLAM' Cain'. Because sometimes the simple things are best. As for the R.A.G.E suit, why not keep it referential?

Recklessly
Applied
Genetic
Engineering

suit.

vdate fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 16, 2016

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Wouldn't it only last for however many actions instead of however many turns?

...would it react to its own actions by taking another action?

Actually, do rulers respond to mind controlled aliens taking turns? How about mind controlled members of XCOM?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Still, I'm not a fan of any perk or build where "get shot" is part of how it works.

Not even the stupid XCOM:EW MEC build where you tried to optimize for minimum pilot health so a 14 health MEC could tank like 12 shots?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I hardly ever use MECs in general after Portent and Newfoundland. A fine early game crutch, but once I have enough meld to get the gene lab up and running I always switch to gene troopers.

I can't help but think Guava would have Words for you on this subject.

Granted, most of them would probably be 'boosh', but the point stands.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Anime Reference posted:

I had the phantom SPARK legs thing happen in my playthrough.

The JAIDS is spreading!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

JT Jag posted:

"If only Father had programmed me to operate a forklift instead. :geno:"

Oh, come on. If there's one thing Julian isn't, it's :geno:. All his line readings are delivered as smugly as possible. Even the angry ones.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Materant posted:

A vote for Sacrifice is a vote for spiting Guava.

And a vote for spiting Guava is a vote against...uh...I dunno, the Prairies? I didn't think this all the way through.

edit: I really didn't think this all the way through because the vote's already over. :v:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I might have whispered 'Rules of Nature' to myself at the end of this mission when Hulk went on his little axing spree. Still didn't redeem himself for the farce that was that ambush, but we can't have it all!

Also, congratulations on your Giant Robotic Crab syndrome going into remission, Jade Star!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Zomborgon posted:

Getting to cover after razing a swath of the battlefield: just one more fantastic use for Salvo (in heavy weapons) and PSI Inspire (otherwise).

Honestly, PSI inspire is really underused so far in the LP- if you don't need to move your PSI op or can get a free move, you can get a free extra action for anyone in the op's sight on a 3-turn cooldown. It's a single action that doesn't end the turn!

I like that you formatted it as though it were learned by a character in Earthbound.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Isn't there a setting where humans are kept on earth because everything else is scared about how insane we are?

Bruce Coville's 'My Teacher...' series of children's novels, but I rather suspect that's not what you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

Holy poo poo my parents read those to me when I was a little kid, I had forgotten about it until just now. They called their spaceship the New Jersey because it was the size of New Jersey.

That's the series! They stood out to me as a kid because I seem to remember the ending to either 3/4 or all four books being real downers.

• Locked thread