Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Aw man, I've been waiting for this LP to happen for some time. Hoping to get in on the ground floor and if picked, I hope my dude does as well as last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Scribbleykins posted:

Application sent, Jade! It's the return of Nittien Stomperud!

Here's to 60+ more kills! :black101:

Nice, here's hoping to see that legendary bad rear end again. I sent in the son of James Dean. Can the "Rebel"'s son blow up as many aliens as his pappy could with high explosives?

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Still can't beat first game
I always lose halfway through
Jade's more fun to watch

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Doubling down on Gift Horse for Caiaphas!

Also I forgot in XCOM 1, how soon did it take for terror missions to begin. Was it one month in like here? It seems like a lot more stuff ramps out the game in this version compared to the previous version.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Woohoo, my guy James dean Jr is in! I hope he can live up to his father's Muton blasting reputation! :woop:

That said though, the awesomeness that is Man Whole is a wonder to behold! I'm looking foreword to great things from him! :allears:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
For nicknames:

Angry Rock Lobster the Grenadier. Because Common guys is 2016, we need a rock lobster reference :colbert:

Chris Gasmask Catnap the Ranger. I agree with zyxophoj's reasoning

Alessandra Reiter Margottini the Sharpshooter. Reiters were the first type of pistoleer troop, first seen in the 30 years war.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Rest in peace sweet lobster, you were to beautiful for this sinful boiling world...

But now with your death, a slot just opened up for a grenadier :getin:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Zomborgon posted:

What is it about XCOM 2 that makes this effect so much more noticeable than in XCOM EU/EW? I recall numerous points where you would freely use consumables early and often to deny as many shots as you could- it took several episodes before we saw so much as enemy weapons fire.

I've not played XCOM 2 but watching these videos the pods do seem a bit more varied compared to XCOM 1 especially at this level of the game, so the added diversity means you might need your tools for later on.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Guava thought my helmet looked cool! truly this is the best day ever!

James "Rebel Jr." Dean Jr. is the undoubtedly best option!

Also if there is ever an Xcom 3, I call dibs on James Dean Jr the Third as my guy!

*Edit* also Man "Feelgood" Whore

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
drat that was a nail biter, glad to see Jade pull it off, though the immediate retaliation mission right after with some of the squad down must be a kicker.

• Locked thread