Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Do you have a list of soldier customization mods that you will definitely be using? I'd hate to send in a soldier only to have things break.

As a long time fan of you and guava's xcom lps, I'm excited to be participating on the ground floor this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Decided to err on the side of caution and not use any mods. Soldier sent!

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Don't you dare make me not twitchy. You gotta stay on your toes, man.

Just roleplay the resistance as being a bunch of stoners and meth junkies.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

My Jane Kelly died on her first mission, when I had no idea what I was doing. I haven't played the tutorial since so I have no Jane Kelly stories. :(

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I think Gift Horse is a good nickname. He carries all the medkits after all!

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Feinne posted:

You're shredding me apart, Jade Star!

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Rick_Hunter posted:

Squaddie Man Whore reminds me of Chatterbox from The Warriors PS2 game more than anything and I can just imagine him stuttering impotently when he missed those 3 easy shots on his first mission.

Man Whore's bio had a reference to The Warriors in it so I'm guessing that's intentional.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Angry "Red" Lobster
Chris "Catnap" Gasmask
Alessandra "Itchy Trigger" Margottini

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Cythereal posted:

I was hugely disappointed it wasn't a remake of Terror.

I wasn't. "Guerilla warfare against alien overlords in continuity with previous game" is way more interesting than "aliens again but in the water now".

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Did the sssecretsss thing originate in the TFTD lp or from earlier?

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

It looked like that MEC somehow made a shot from out of line-of-sight, which caused the game to freak out a bit.

e:f,b

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Chris "Hubris Button" Gasmask

Having watched the Ironcast LP, this makes perfect sense after that slash-that-missed-and-revealed-more-enemies.

Kinda weird Julian mentioned activating and sending the whole tower after you but that one MEC was just chilling in a corner having a robo-smoke.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

When I hear the name Siobhan I think of Trillby's Notes.

Siobhan "it hurts" Mackenzie.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

GoneRampant posted:

Can't deny that Faceoff can work wonders when things are set up brilliantly though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=birji_-4r7w

Be warned, that spoils some of the future armour choices, but I don't think there's any new aliens in that.

That's pretty great. Also there's a certain enemy in there we haven't seen yet but I'm willing to bet we'll see one next update.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

You could reload. Or reposition. Or use one of those single-action AWC skills if you got lucky.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

whoosh

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I hope Dr. Feelgood fits because it has my vote.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Seeing how most of the aliens are simply cloned en masse, presumably from a master copy that suits that particular role, the need for differing genders for reproductive purposes seems moot.

That said, now it seems even weirder that not only do vipers have breasts (maybe from incorporating human DNA as they did for sectoids?), but they retain their ability to breed with the viper king. Or that there's even a viper king in the first place (how did Vahlen even find these guys?). Are some species bred rather than cloned? Life finds a way?

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

As far as post-campaign LP content goes, I'd like to see some multiplayer matches. I'd love to participate even!

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

AirborneNinja posted:

XCOM2 MP meta is sectopods all the way down.

I know. gently caress you and your sectopods. At least I almost won one of those matches once it was down to my last soldier vs the sectopod.

As an aside, 6 sectopods vs 6 sectopods is surprisingly boring.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Emissary666 posted:

Can Subject Beta complete the mission failure requirements? 'Cause I tend to keep a lot of people on defense near the mission failure point.

They did when the DLC launched but that was patched out, thankfully.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Canuck-Errant posted:

Duke "Forever" Nukem.

Yep.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

At least you can't dodge 100% shots anymore, but with archons having inherent defense and flying cover you won't see 100% shots against them very often. Status effects are really handy against them though.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

If you plan on bleeping ***'s name in the future, I hope you find a tone that's a bit less harsh on the ears.

I still tend to prefer snipers over gunslingers, but I've never managed to get a killzone to go so perfectly. Killzone can be useful (and when it is, it can be devastating as you've demonstrated), but Face Off tends to be useful much more often, especially with elemental ammo.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Gift Horseshit

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

To be clear, Gift Horseshit was my nickname vote.

It's not clever, but it true. gently caress the archon king and gently caress your luck.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I say bring the guy that's wearing two pairs of nightvision goggles. Dude's tactical as gently caress.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I only really use repeaters in campaigns where I can get the Armed to the Teeth (+1 weapon mod slot) continent bonus, otherwise everybody ends up with a scope/laser sight and xmag/autoloader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Dinictus posted:

Honestly, we can make more SPARKs. Take Nova on Julian and look at the alternative skill setup for another SPARK another time, if or when you get to another SPARK.

Would a second SPARK even be worth training up at this point? However, I would love to see how a Guava-flavoured SPARK does compared to Julian.

• Locked thread