Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Brainamp posted:

It's not really a meme so much as acknowledged in-game that she had zero qualms about torture and interrogation of alien prisoners.

Reminder that the canonical way to get around the language barrier was Vahlen shoving electrodes into the skull of the captive alien and then 'stimulating' (read: Hurting) it until they could get a good enough sense of the brain to read its thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Aces High posted:

were people really "upset" that we were doing 24-style interrogations so that we could get Plasma credits? I'm pretty sure Vahlen is doing exactly what they were doing in the original XCOM, it's just that now we have the technology for voice acting.

I don't know about you but I'm willing to suspend some ethics if it means I have a chance of not being destroyed whenever a Berserker or a Chrysalid gets within touching distance

Who said anything about being upset about it? Vahlen was awesome.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bradford, Vahlen, and Shen had a good schtick going as a team.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

tlarn posted:

That first mission when I played XCOM 2 made me go "haha, a Sectoid," followed by "oh, you're a little beefy" and then "jesus loving christ" when it took its turn.

The Sectoid did that thing it does as its first action on my first mission. Got my Jane Kelly killed. :psyduck:

That fucker killed half my squad, first with his special things and then second with 'Okay, all he has is special things, oh gently caress he still has a gun.'

Also, LP has me finally trying the game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

InfinityComplex posted:

Still too rich for my blood, especially since EDF 4.1 came out yesterday.

Look there are multiple fronts where the earth needs defending and X-COM would certainly respect a never-ending war with giant ants and spiders.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Brainamp posted:

Never forget...

Was this playthrough recorded somewhere because I must see this carnage.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Thanks for another great LP. A Mercenary Captain's Guide to Battle Brothers sounds dope and ridiculously bloody :unsmigghh:. Definitely looking forward to it!

I am unreasonably excited to see a Battle Brothers LP.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tax Refund posted:

I thought it was probably Starflight, in which the setup for the plot is, "Something is causing suns to go nova, in a steady progression from the galactic core outwards. Based on the current rate of spread, we have about 5 years before the nova wave reaches the Sol system and all life on Earth is destroyed. Go out there, figure out what's causing this, and stop it." 800 planets to explore, yet it fit on a single 720K floppy due to the clever way the planets were procedurally generated.

There was also the awesome Sega Genesis port, which redid the whole game to give it much better graphics and made some of the gameplay a little more action-y when you went out in the TV or got into space fights.

That was one of the first big space games I ever played when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jade Star posted:

Hey, I'll finally LP a squad based game where I can not honestly say it will be a clean run. People are going to die in battle brothers.

Many Ratcatchers Died To Bring You This LP.

• Locked thread