Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I assume Julian is named after Julian Gollop, the designer of the original X-Com?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

LorrdErnie posted:

Wrecking ball just sounds way more rad in general especially with the punch mod and therefore must be the right choice.

As long as Julian doesn't start singing afterwards.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

ジュリアン名は
たくさんあります
ジャではどこ?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Canuck-Errant posted:

Duke "Forever" Nukem.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Elth posted:

If you plan on bleeping ***'s name in the future, I hope you find a tone that's a bit less harsh on the ears.

Agreed. It's especially jarring when listening with headphones. :(

Great update though. As always, thanks so much for your hard work.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Was no one, not even the guy who got slammed into the ground, shaken? That's quite impressive on top of everything else.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Heh is there a reason the viper king is (south park) Canadian?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

Andromedons, with their piss-poor Will stat, were pretty much my favorite enemy to run into early in a mission because I rushed Psionics. A dominated Andromedon makes for a VERY nice buddy and it saves you the hassle of having to deal with it.

My favorite X-Com 2 moment was when my dominated 'Cube' raised a dead avatar as a zombie in the final mission. I had no idea that was even possible.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

A watched pot never boils.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

David Corbett posted:

Which does very little to explain how, in spite of desperately compromised resources and a twenty-year deficit, Jade Star is presently kicking them all over Earth (RNG notwithstanding).

E: I'm not complaining about muh realism or anything like that. It's a game about space aliens. I'm just arguing that they need to make humans almost impossibly superior, physically and intellectually, to the aliens in order to make it a fun game and allow the player to come back from the initial deficit. Not a thing wrong with that.

Yeah, if you want more realistic, the 7-hour war from Half Life 2 is about right.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

If anyone here is curious as to how good we humans are getting at engineering DNA in real life, take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pp17E4E-O8

Just imagine Tygan's voice narrating.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Jade Star posted:

On the offensive side of things they have some seriously harmful abilities too. They have an area of effect attack that does two things, one, it hurts a lot, and two, any corpses caught in the blast range are reanimated as psi-zombies. When that is on cool down they will simply psi lance people for varying damage somewhere in the 7-12 range. As a Psi attack it of course ignores cover and the only defense you have against it is willpower.

I used a dominated Gatekeeper as part of my forces during the final mission and it ended up reanimating a dead Avatar to be under my control (but with only regular psi zombie abilities) when I used its AOE. I had no idea that was possible.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

thefailtrain posted:

I always love how the shredstorm cannon shoots, and then the damage numbers pop up a moment later.

Isn't​ it mentioned when you research the blacksmith vial that they're basically just pulling the most psi-active people's genes? I guess they're just splicing them into some sort of super psi-attuned body, then? It still makes very little sense overall, like, why do they need to basically murder all the candidates to get the genetic material? Wouldn't you just need tissue samples so you can read the genome? Yes, yes, video game science, etc etc. It only gets more confusing when we hit the last mission, though.

The aliens haven't figured out PCR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks so much, and congrats on finishing the LP!

• Locked thread