Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Scribbleykins posted:

At least the nickname turned out to be way on the nose. Vive la resistance!

Ahaha, oh man, that was a thing. Too bad about there being no possibility of getting mec'd, but from the looks of it there will be other awesome things to come. Perhaps made by you, if your Chris Salid picture was anything to go by.

Man, it's like the old endgame crew is getting back together! Now we only need Isis "Saint" Tellar, Alex "Shellshock" Johnson and... oh.

Tony "Kill Steal" White. Rest in peace, buddy. :rip:

And for anyone who feels like spending some time catching up (or reminiscing) while we wait, here's a link to Jade's previous XCOM thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607006

I'm already in the pool from Jade's streaming habits.

He has done horrible things to my armor colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Finally sent in my character! A bit late, I know. Loved your last LP Jade Star, loving this one too.

Any chance we'll see some multiplayer videos from you?

:getin:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

You're welcome, Jade. I'll keep an eye out to see if I need to save the LP again.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jade, you fucker- just refusing to change the color scheme, huh? :argh:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know if this has been discovered before, but it's possible to throw/fire a grenade to anywhere the game can figure out a path to- including places that are far, far out of range. Place your cursor where you want the grenade to land, and press the button corresponding to the grenade. If it's a valid placement for the IRG (Infinite Range Grenade), the AoE preview will flicker there. Cancel the grenade, queue it back up, and on the frame on which the flicker happens, confirm the grenade. It will land there, and cause damage correctly. The firing/throwing animation will break as well.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

I always assumed Jade was a Hard Gay impersonator irl and now you're telling me that's wrong???

My world is shaken

I mean, he does do Hard Gay impersonations, and they tend towards hilarious, so you're not wrong.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

i'm fine with either option
joke suggestion: cut it into thirds and post them all at once anyway

Actual suggestion: do the joke suggestion, then everyone is happy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

EggsAisle posted:

I've been playing EW as a result of this LP while I wait for XCOM 2 to go on sale. I'm horrible at games like this, but I figured hey, Jade makes it look so easy! Oy. I'm finally starting to get a feel for proper positioning, at least. Watch those flanks, indeed...

Apparently, in the late game, strike teams consist almost entirely of senior-level officers. I know it's video-game logic, but the notion makes me chuckle. Maybe XCOM is a real stickler for the "lead from the front" school of thought? Then again, it's commanded by a telepathic, supernaturally-aware micro-manager for whom time itself stops while he or she ponders their next move, so I guess the officers don't really have anything better to do.

It's mostly just a legacy thing from the original X-com.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

zyxophoj posted:

I also picked grenadiers for that one. I was a bit short of cover towards the end.

XCOM: Your insurance won't pay for our visit.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Julian needs a new nickname by the way.

Prodigal Son.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mikedawson posted:

I'm going to agree with other people's sentiments and name Julian Butter Robot and, Hulk Hogan Runnin' Wild

I mean, Julian did kill Lobster.

Buterfingers (intentionally misspelled)

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Samuel posted:

I'll try my hand at this, I have the full experience of a "Fall of the Samurai" playthrough under my belt.

Metal men cover,
Brave nerves of steel,
Aliens heel.

5/4/4, not even close.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Talow "<message deleted>" Rosine.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Commissar or Hero, to respect his roots.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I continue to agree with the choices for my psi training.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jade Star posted:

I think i just figured it out. I may have been thinking about the boss in Dark Souls in the painting world. I think she's invisible and you have to see footsteps or something. It's a real vague memory.

Her footsteps in the snow, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Before anyone asks, no, I won't be attempting the final mission solo. More due to my computer being ancient than anything.

• Locked thread