Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Soldier signed up. Good Luck, and thanks for LPing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Oh yeah, I got like 15 soldiers done before the first request for Guile Hair was made. What is wrong with all of you?

I figured there would be a million other requests for Guile Hair, truthfully. I'm sticking to what I submitted though.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I personally did Happy-Go-Lucky. Kinda surprised at how many people did Twitchy, honestly.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Most haikus are fun.
At least if done with effort.
And with good talent.

Unfortunately, I think I lack the last one, but still fun to do sometimes.
Case. in point. I'll just edit that now.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah. It does feel like weapons would be in the Armory instead of Engineering.

Anyway, with a mission name like that, I expect some magical stuff happening.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Wonder if Tygan is trying to work on a cure for JAIDs in the backround. Hope there's nothing too sensitive on board the avenger.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

zyxophoj posted:

Those dark events can be so frustrating sometimes.

Holy poo poo that's amazing. Wonder what the hidden dark event is though.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Good thing i streamed that to find all of the poo poo that broke. Like the mission names, and all of the mods that aren't voice packs. No idea what caused everything to start breaking down.

Perhaps you should of stopped the JAIDs hack instead of the Hitler Happens event.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Oh hey, I'm in, sweet!

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'd honestly have to go with Angry "Slab" Lobster because that's an amazing name that was given.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

So on Jade's stream game I'm a medic with the nickname "Feedback". I commented that it's more of hacker skill. Very next mission, I get Enemy Protocol. Yeah, okay game, sure.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Bootcha posted:

His Claw, now passed down.
Died Well. Served with honor and
Clarified butter.

Yeah, I vote this for the epitaph.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Generic Soldiers
Will be remembered fondly...
Who am I kidding?

Just something I came up on the spot with for the two tutorial soldiers who died. Don't think it's particularly good, but :effort:

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I think you shell shocked that one pod with your stunt.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Holy poo poo Action Muton. I'm kinda sad he died now, but that is an incredible highlight and everyone should watch it.

Also, I like the idea of Alessandra "Not Stirred" Margottini

Highwang posted:

As for Hulkamania, his nickname should be RUNNIN' WILD

Seconded

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Turns out 'Runnin' Wild' is just too long for the character limit in the game :(

That's sad. Oh well, RunninWild should fit hopefully?

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, that was done by the skin of your teeth. Nicely done Jade.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'd have to go with Duke "King" Nukem personally.

And well, that was a very short mission. Wonder if it's because the Berserker Queen was busy murdering Advent before the sky ranger arrived.

Paul.Power posted:

Duke "Big the Cat" Nukem.

I forgot about that. Changing my vote to this.

Talow fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 25, 2016

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Would be interesting to see what you do with Phantom.

Also, very nice recovery.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yep, luckily no one got killed from the unfortunate event that happened near the end.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Lunethex posted:

For those who don't watch Jade's streams, Talow's name is censored in the chat. I don't know why or who did that but it's just one of those quirks in life. Whoever types his name will see it but it shows up as *** to everyone else.

That said, its the perfect nickname. Talow "***" Rosine

I'll be honest, I was kinda hoping no one explained why people are recommending that till the next update. It's still something I find funny though.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Tendales posted:

e: A reminder for Shadowstrike, since I just noticed you actually took it. It doesn't actually say this in the tooltip, but it triggers any time the enemy didn't see you at the start of the action, even if you weren't concealed. This means if you're around a corner, you can get the shadowstrike bonus on a slash attack. I'm pretty sure stepping out and then shooting will lose shadowstrike, though, since that's two actions and you're visible after the move. Another thing that's probably worth testing!

If that's true, then with the way Jade uses snipers, Shadowstrike on a sniper would be extremely good because of the effectively passive +25% aim and crit.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting that bit of editting.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Different people have different hearing issues, and stuff at that range can sound incredibly piercing to some.

Yeah. This. 100% This.

On another note, congratulations on using Shadowstrike Jade.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

What. the. actual. gently caress. what. just. what. what.

... I have no words. my words have failed me.

HA! COUNTER-BULLSHIT!

Talow fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 13, 2016

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Here's what I imagine took place, now that I've had time to calm down: Cain just doing :commissar: to the alien ruler in response to that 6 turns at once bullshit.

Clearly :perfect:

Hmmm... Randomly Assigned Generic Explanation for what R. A. G. E. stands for.

Talow fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 13, 2016

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Honestly, for Cain, I'm going to vote either Hero or Commissar

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

That Andromedon clearly just had the ability "Conceal", which is how he was hiding in plain sight.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

That officer was in the middle of taking a nap with his feet on the chest, and was too lazy to get up. That's what I think happened anyway.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'm honestly curious. anyone even bothering to keep track of the amount of glitches Jade has discovered in this game alone?

As for skill choice. super-Nova is clearly the best option.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Apparently JAIDs can revive dead forums. Who knew.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'm half expecting a soldier named Shield Bearer to show up in the roster sometime in the future now.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

What about the Facility Lead hack rewards? Assuming you have a competent hacker anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Akratic Method posted:

You can research them like a datapad, but I believe only when there is a facility built in a region you haven't contacted. After the research, one such facility will have its mission unlocked without contacting the region.

Ahh. That's lame, I was hoping it just took a pip or two from the ocean base and tossed it into a facility somewhere. Oh well.

• Locked thread