Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I'm kinda torn. I both kinda wish I had found this thread earlier but I'm also kinda glad I didn't because now I've got eight videos I can catch up on! So thanks and drat you for not announcing this in the new thread thread. ANyway, I hope no one beat me to this, I still have to go through all 27 pages atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zyxophoj posted:

Is there any other kind of root beer?

Oh yes, tons. There's awful root beer that you have to drink something else to get the taste out of your mouth. Bad root beer that you stop drinking after the first sip. Not that great root beer that you find yourself drinking for reasons you don't understand. Alright root beer that isn't offensive or anything but you're not really going to be searching it for it specifically. And good root beer. Of course, this is all extremely simplified.

Anyway, I haven't tried a ton, but my favorite root beer is Barq's.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If SPARKs die, do you still throw them over your shoulder and carry them back to base if you want?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Turns out 'Runnin' Wild' is just too long for the character limit in the game :(

So call him 'Guns Wild' instead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, that shaken status thing seems really obnoxious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

I gotta say Jade, your lack of platinum and subsequently the lack of PM's really put a damper on my recommended root beer/other sodas list. I need a definitive list do I can go to the local store and take pictures of said root beers. And get you to buy more.

Aww, that's a good point. I saw a few different types of soda beers around my Walmart so I'm kinda curious if they're any good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have many types of root beer available to me and little knowledge of them. IBC, A&W, Mug and Barq's are all I've ever tried, aside from whatever the brand they give you in Cracker Barrel is. Barq's still remains my fave.

So there's Maine root, Virgil's, Stubborn Soda; Classic Root beer, Stewart's fountain, Honest Fizz organic Root beer, Capt'n Eli's, Blue Sky creamy, Stevia Soda, and Zevia Ginger root beer.

So, like I said, tons of flavors, no idea what's good. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jade Star posted:

A&W, Mug, And Barqs are all what I'd call the Soda Rootbeers. They aren't bad, but they're carbonated and use syrups or processed sugars and come out more like soda than what I'd call a proper rootbeer. IBC is a good start to real rootbeers. Not particularly high end, but it's good and easier to find.

Maine Root does good rootbeers and sarsaparillas, I find these in my local BevMo often and always pick up a few. Virgils does unique stuff with their rootbeer. I've never seen anyone else blend in Bavarian nutmeg into their drink and it's really something. Stewart's I found a little pedestrian. Nothing was wrong, but nothing really made it stand out.

I haven't run into the rest of the brands you mentioned, which is a shame. Probably a regional thing, but really the best thing to do is buy a bottle or two of everything you can find and give 'em a try to see for yourself and enjoy figuring out what you like the most. For me it'll always be a Henry Wienhard, but I still enjoy a lot of other brands and even find myself needing other rootbeers as a sort of palate refresher. If I buy nothing but a couple packs of Henry's then I find myself enjoying them less by the end. Variety is a good thing.

Thanks for the advice, Professor!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cythereal posted:

It came with Enemy Within, it should be noted, but it also opened with an infamously tough mission that I've heard some people skipped and never got it offered again.

The whale Chryssalid one?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, the first EXALT encounter mission.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zomborgon posted:

I like pepsi

Same here. I tried a Coke again recently and it tasted watered down for some reason. It wasn't great. I got it out of a vending machine so it's not like it was a problem of it being flat or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

I've never quite understood the whole "we're subjugating you to combat a larger threat that would subjugate you even worse" stance aliens seem to love to take.

Like, you've studied humanity, you've seen how they react to poo poo. Why not just say hi and ask for help? Too much work?

En route to our planet, they'd be detected and probably catch every missile (and possibly nuke) on Earth before they could successfully land.

If they could even get as far as landing, they'd be facing nonstop attempts to kill and dissect them.

• Locked thread