Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013

McKilligan posted:

Julian 'Family Jules' Shen

FicusArt posted:

woah what is this great nickname doing in the Commander's Field Manual to Bad Julian Nicknamels thread

I agree, and would like to vote for this name to be used after the thread sits in a corner and thinks about what it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
Archon King?

More like... Archan't King

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
Serious question, though: how good/bad are repeaters?

I don't remember all the weapon mods, but I figure that a 5/10/15% chance to instakill ultimately means 5/10/15% less enemies if you applied the mod universally (possibly more, factoring in free actions?), and that seems really good. I'm practical and will agree that having all your guns do 1/2/3 minimum damage from stocks is a solid tactical choice, and possibly the "best" mod for any given gun.

What I'm really curious about is how the math would work out over the course of a campaign. Stocks are easy enough, just add up all the times the shot missed and did stock damage, maybe add in the times you wouldn't have taken the shot, except that the stock guaranteed the kill. Repeaters are kind of strange, especially early game, since most enemies will die anyway, so you can only count up "additional" damage that the repeater did.

I honestly don't know which would have the higher numbers overall, not counting huge spikes like the fresh Archon King kill. I know people don't like luck based upgrades, but I've played enough MMOs to know that sometimes you should upgrade crit chance.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
So how bad is the current time limit here, actually? I mean, clearly it's a mess since it seems to hit 2 pips simultaneously from now on, but is it just blacksites and plot missions from here on out, or is it still manageable?

I loved Enemy Unknown, but I played that thing for several ingame months more than I had to. I don't like time limits in games, even when they're reasonable (Pikmin 2 was the best of the trilogy, just for getting rid of that asinine day counter).

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
Truly, there is no greater shame for a man than in losing control of his package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
I honestly hope MarioCOM happens. At the very least, it'd probably make a good joke video.

Just play it straight, and use all the XCOM lingo. Tell us how good Mario is with Death from Above.

• Locked thread