Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Jade Star posted:

When you have to advance and move because of a time limit you run the old risk of advancing up on a first group of aliens and triggering a second group, thus ruining your day.
You do at least have the Ranger Ghost skills that can significantly reduce this issue at least. And there are some mods that enhance the Ranger Ghost type further IIRC...

Also, emailed my application!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
I don't suppose you are accepting modifications to applications sent?

I'd like to add that my soldier would probably be better as the Psi-Op soldier type given his name. Make him purple as well if thats cool. :-D

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

no. nooo :negative: that's not true!!!1 that's impossible!!!!!--- i've been defeated before the LP could even begin

:xcom:

Here's hoping some DLC or Mod comes out for that!

There's plenty enough class mods already for the game. Someone might figure it out.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
My sniper takes aim
95 to shot yet a miss
That's Xcom baby

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
Unlike Xcom 1, it can be argued that almost every skill in the game is very useful.
I had a pure gunner (using armor piercing bullets, scope & ammo capacity mod, and aim mod) in my team who became extremely useful at destroying the tougher enemies..
There's a particular HQ facility you can build that ended up giving my ranger one of the ultimate sniper abilities. He killed 4 or 5 aliens in one turn using that ability and a shotgun.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
I can't help but ask..
What is everyone's favorite vanilla class?

AND...

What is everyone's favorite mod class?

I have yet to play with mods with this game. I'm thinking of getting back into it as I beat it way back when before DLC and mods exploded..

Oh anyway, my favorite class in the vanilla game is the Psi-Ops. Way OP late game.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Jetrauben posted:

Mod? Currently, I like the Bruiser, a charming shotgun-toting class with a unique move where they stun an enemy and turn them into cover with a weak melee attack, and open fire with a pistol on enemies who shoot at them while they're using their alien/human shield.
OooooOOOhhh that's interesting! Being able to make cover using an alien adds some interesting tactical options..

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Luquos posted:

Vanilla? Grenadier's. Blow up the world.

Modded? I've been playing recently with the long war perk pack, and oh man are the sharpshooters in that fun.

Interesting..
Yea I will admit I have done missions where I took in 3 Grenadiers (2 Bombers, 1 Gunner) at least a couple times.
A pistol sniper with shoot everything skill is really good at mopping up the survivors.
Bombs completely ignore the RNG God on accuracy in Xcom 2, unlike the Rocket Launcher in Xcom 1.

I did not know that there was a Long War perk pack.. that's different from the Day 1 pack right?

Brainamp posted:

For the most part you're right. Say you had four shots lined up on the enemy. The game's already rolled a 67, 48, 92, and 45 ahead of you taking your soldier's actions. This is where you can take advantage of it by save-scumming to change the order in which you use those four numbers. Hacking is an odd beast though. Sometimes you can scum it into different results, others it will always end up the same.
This bugged the hell out of me. I had to wait a turn, at least once in my last game, after saving to hack those light posts for the really good rewards, one being the Enemy Protocol reward.

Godnnelg fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 20, 2016

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
Regarding back when Hitler happened...
What on earth caused Hitler to go all Jihad on your own troops? It's funny but it also had me a bit confused.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

zyxophoj posted:

Those dark events can be so frustrating sometimes.

I paid the 25 intel cost to reveal the 3rd event.

Man you aren't kidding...

Godnnelg fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 24, 2016

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
I thought the Mimic beacons would be crap when I first played Xcom 2, then on a whim I just threw it out there as a last ditch effort since my last soldier didn't have a good shot on anyone and that's all I had.
That beacon saved my bacon, and I had 2 in inventory per mission from then on..
They are a good and Free Get out of a poo poo storm ticket, so long as you use them right.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

One thing I do think is kind of weird is that the images for the Avatar project are ethereals, which I don't think anyone has seen in the xcom 2 timeline.

Indeed!!.....
Ethereals still exist obviously, can't wait to see them!

I kinda wished the game over you get from the Avatar project was a little less vague..

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Phuzzy posted:

I made a terrible mistake and went and skull jacked my first guy during the middle of the first Blacksite mission.

Woops. :negative:

That's not necessarily a bad idea - to do it during a Blacksite mission. You're not under any timer there!

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Rabidredneck posted:

This is a perfect :xcom: video. The LP'er, ChristopherOdd was going to make this the start of a new LP of Xcom. What he got however...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOI11iDbGoI&t=338s

Even he had to laugh.

LMAO @ the grenade comment. That should have made his next video season 5. X-D

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013
Yea that moment when you skulljack...

It definitely caught me by surprise. I almost lost the entire mission I was in as I had a time limit and was way behind on tech.

I love how there are a few more bullshit WTF moments later on that can trip you up the first time you come across them..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Den Store Frelser posted:

Nothing to add to the thread, but the game is currently at 45 % off on Steam. Now you too can tell Jake to fix his game.

Great time to buy it as well!
Jade Star, are you open to the idea of doing a mod highlight playthrough when this is done?
Or at least some bonus videos?

• Locked thread