Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So how exactly is Bulwark different than the poo poo that is All for One from Within? It sounds like it does basically the same thing of making your mech high cover that everybody else in the world, including the enemies, can use? Yet both Jade and Guava hated that poo poo. Or is it because it isn't a fake choice this time around and the other ability is good too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It's because he was jealous of her getting all the love and attention instead of him!

I mean he is a cold,calculating machine, but he still needs love too! :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Didn't Long War from Within also have "bosses" with their giant enemies? They worked basically the same except it was like scaling a Cryssalid up by 50% and giving them 60 health or whatever. Granted i've only ever seen screenshots of those enemies so i'm not sure how the mechanics from that really transfer over to this game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Since the console version of XCOM 2 is coming out tommorow, here's hoping the rise of mods on Xbox One means we will get a few of the good ones somewhere down the road.

Getting to see what the Alien Rulers blurb on the store page actually means now makes me a little :suicide: that i bought the Deluxe version to get all the DLC.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Jenner posted:

That quest never popped up for me. Interesting.

It was a part of a DLC and on top of that you most likely woulden't get to play the second part until a long time into your game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Thefluffy posted:

watch the siphon filter LP, it is worth it just for how batshit it gets after the first game.

A shame we don't have Gabe "Taser" Logan on our squad. Or that Rhoemer isn't in the character pool just so that he can show up as a a Dark VIP for Gabe to knock out/kill with the skulljack, since we don't get a tazer in this one i suppose that would be the closest equivalent.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Congrats on coming out of that situation with everybody alive and mostly well Jade. That's the kind of situation where most normal people that aren't playing honorary Ironman would curse their own hubris and the game's bullshit and just restart the mission and try again.

You mentioned it in the post going along with the video. But i feel that Dark VIP missions are where the uneasy balance between aggression and staying safe/actually being slow and tactical that the game is going for kind of falls apart. Especially if you get a map like you got in the video where it's fairly large combined with the forced slowness of moving around indoors means that you need a lot more good luck finishing off Pods quickly than any other mission type to ensure you get to finish the mission with everybody coming back alive. Because one extra action spent trying to kill a lovely snake or whatever is just slowly increasing the chances that you won't have enough to time to get everybody out.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

A shame it's only the first time you kill a codex that it drops the Avatar progress. Those things are annoying enough to warrant a drop every time.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Does the game still cheat behind the scenes on rolls like it did the first game? Like if you're missing shots and getting shot yourself the game will purposfully make your next shot hit or the next enemy shot a miss?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Take a rookie named Skyranger DJ out in the field and purposefully get him killed so this can be a reality :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Does Guava just never keep his dudes remotely close together? Because i'm also a victim of "always get mech missled syndrome" and i've noticed that the mechs will always use their missiles if your dudes are within like 2-4 or maybe 5 squares of each other and if AOE damage is guaranteed.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The other problem being how it's suppose to one shot everything like Guava is claiming? Unless hes referring to having Julien specced out with Wrecking Ball, Hunter Protocol and the skill name that escapes me at the moment (less aim penalty on Overdrive shots) together?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

KnoxZone posted:

Julian will Sacrifice himself to save the humans.

Because Julian is being forced into the SPARK to help out the humans he doesn't particularly like is already great. I say we go the extra mile and make Shen put in some programming that makes it so that he has no choice but to also get hurt more in the process.

Sacrifice

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Since we are starting to see this happen and the question is bound to come up. Yes you can mind control Advent Officers. No. You can't use his mark ability :(

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

"Hunter Protocol is a great skill, it will kill literally everybody in an activated pod"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Man i imagine that's how most missions go for people that take the stealth system way to literally and try to ghost their way through any given regular mission. You do okay for a few turns but then the enemies heat seek on to you then suddenly you have to to fight the whole map at once.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 26, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I don't understand why Guava has been contradicting how far he has been into this game in every one of the last couple of videos. But the only thing he can keep consistent at least is that it seems like he hasen't beaten the game?

I mean with his love for Gunslinger snipers and his hate for Bulwark i can kinda see why :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Everything to the lead up of the final missions is pretty good, although i had the same problem Jade is having here where i had to backlog the entire plot due to not spreading them out more.

Although i feel like it'd be kinda hard to actually do the plot missions as they "come up" as that would usually require dropping whatever it is that you were immediately doing to start expanding to the other side of the globe to get to it. Plus you know the average player will want to be as powerful and prepared as possible for these missions so they end up getting left out until there is literally nothing else left to do. Which leads to this huge "THE END IS COMING" vibe when in reality you pushed the Avatar project back so far from all the plot you did at once that you could play for another 3 months without them actually getting any closer :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

GuavbotMoment

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

All of this new stuff sounds neat but how is there going to be enough time to get to use and enjoy it all to it's fullest potential/enjoyment? The time limits are already strict enough as is in the base game, without adding in this extra stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Congrats again on the lp Jade, you almost managed to get through this one without the JAIDS popping up :v:

Also a side note since i'm a filthy console peasant playing this game, this mission is kind of hell to get through since everything takes a hell of a long time to do. The game is normally perfectly fine minus a few framerate drops here and there and some glitchyness but nothing that's out of the ordinary for an X-Com game anyway.

This final mission though? The game just took a complete poo poo performance wise trying to manage everything going on onscreen at once. The same kinda thing happens with the Avenger defense mission but not quite to the same scale since there's not nearly as much to blow up in those missions as there is here. Alien turns would take minutes to go through as the game would just stop everything and have to process before all the aliens would move at once and then do their actions one by one.

The Avatar room didn't have this problem strangely but that part is hard enough on it's own without the game making GBS threads itself.

• Locked thread