Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Teledahn posted:

Also have the same range as a good throwing arm. For comparison: (From Wikipedia, trusted reference for all arsenals.)

M203 underbarrel launcher, 150m
MGL (6 shot revolving grenade launcher, similar to what's depicted), 375m
M19 belt-fed automatic grenade launcher, 1.5km (Fires a much high velocity grenade.)

Balance reasons, no doubt. Given your soldiers can see a short city block suppose it fits. Looks funny seeing such a slow projectile coming from the launcher though.

The game has a class with a whole set of stealth abilities. Rangers could have been spotters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Stephen9001 posted:

They already can, for Snipers and the bombardment ability we saw on Julian (which can be used on any tile your squad can see).

Yes, I was talking about for grenadiers, though, in context.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Really inefficient roundabout solution: record commentary over that recording while it itself is recorded via screen capture.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I mean, if it's going to start tripping copyright detectors, it's probably not worth it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Jade Star posted:

Also in case anyone couldn't guess the song I had to edit out was "Power" by Kayne West. RIP Skyranger DJ, you will be added to the memorial wall.

Oh man that would have been great.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

So uh what was that weird naked person in that tomb/tank thing?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

The "Relax, let it happen" line was in the original XCOM too. One of a few "are we the baddies?" moments in the game.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I swear I heard it for Mindfray too.

Someone could easily just think about those abilities as more buttons that do useful things, but then your soldiers start getting chatty about their enthusiasm for it. :stare:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

:rip:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Also, I liked the implication at the beginning of the game that all the games of the first XCOM ever played were simulations running in the Commander's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

vdate posted:

Bruce Coville's 'My Teacher...' series of children's novels, but I rather suspect that's not what you're talking about.

Holy poo poo my parents read those to me when I was a little kid, I had forgotten about it until just now. They called their spaceship the New Jersey because it was the size of New Jersey.

• Locked thread